View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 11:18 PM
i have never been asked with either jake or my old dog sam. but they were both obvious crosses (especially jake, sam just looked like a very big BC ) so obviously arent worth as much money to most people (they are too me though rather pay loads for my jake than for a pedigree ). if anyone did ask though, i would just say jake was a rescue.

Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
No I've never been asked this ( too reserved in Edinburgh maybe!) Maybe they are trying to find out if he's a pedigree and if he's worth stealing! A sinister thought but you never know these days. You're right to keep it to yourself anyway. Nosy devils!
thats a good point! and a very scary thought!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Since I got my pup 2 months ago i have been asked at least a couple of times a week how much I paid for him.

The first time i was really quite taken aback, and just told them. Is this not an incredibly rude question? I'd never dream of asking someone that. The next time i got asked i just said i didn't know he was a gift, and i've stuck to that story ever since.

Is this a common occurence?
i get asked it all the time

i also get asked 'is it for sale'

i find both very rude!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Yer I do with Maddy and Dusty, moreso Dusty. but I get asked all sorts of crap too so I just say now they were given to me or something if I think it's an unsavoury character. Some people who have a genuine interest and ask lots of things about the breed I don't mind telling the average rate for a well bred pup, but then that's usually what they ask, not "how much was she?"
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Hi,

I've only been asked this with my 2 GSDs - never with my Mom's dog or with Ellie. It's always been more with Zane than Yiannis too - maybe because he's bigger.

It's only since Zane has grown to the size he has that I've been asked how much he was, usually from some very dodgy looking characters but thinking about it, it hasn't happened in quite a while.

More often I get offers of letting him fight with another dog. Of course I've always refused but when I take him out for a walk on his own at night time I usually ask my brother to come with me, just in case anyone is hanging around waiting to ask silly questions (which at best would worry me) or possibly hurt Zane. Of course this is probably paranoia since what happened to Yiannis, but you can never tell what people will or won't do under certain circumstances.

Fortunately, generally I'm left alone now when I'm out and about with the dogs. I do get older people (usually) begn a conversation (a genuine one usually) if I have Yiannis and Zane out on lead together. This I don't mind as there's nothing to worry about though.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:36 AM
It doesn't bother me, really, but I do wonder about people's motives for asking....... then, I guess, that's just my suspicious nature.....
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 09:56 PM
In all my years of dog ownership I have never been asked!! Maybe none of dogs have looked good enough???!!!lol

I would never dream of asking a stranger how much their dogs cost! How rude!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 10:19 PM
"Much was yer dug"...Sorry, that made me laugh.

I get asked, every so often, how much I paid for Roxy! Depending on the type of person who asks me, I either tell them the truth or I tell them to mind their own!

Occasionally I get asked about Molly, too.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I dont think i have ever been asked about mine ... Maybe i look dodgy me self so they avoid me lol.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Just tell them he's not for sale
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 02:32 AM
I get asked about my crossbreed all the time..usually followed by "do I plan to breed her" and "can I have a pup if you do" People. Sheesh!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >