Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
I could not agree stronger- That one headline will do no end of damage to the PBT!!!

Makes me SO angry!!
me too, i hate when they do that. if they dont know the breed, or think its a cross they she just say 'dog' but they are just after a better effect. and sadly, 'guide dog attacked by pit bull' has more effect than 'guide dog attacked by another dog'

i have emailed the sun, and have told them i am furious after reading that and want to find out how to put in a complaint. i hope they reply or they will be getting loads emails or calls from me, i am so disgusted by that headline.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
I totally think its staged
I can totally assure you Tabsmagic that this attack was genuine and unprovoked. I know the guide dog that was attacked, as a friend puppywalked her and is a friend of the guide dog owner.

This incident occured a while back, and I am glad the police are still trying to find the idiot responsible.

The guide dog did have very bad puncture wounds to the neck and was very traumatised, as was her owner,. But she has since returned to work in harness and has returned to Cricklewood station where the attack took place.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybland View Post
I can totally assure you Tabsmagic that this attack was genuine and unprovoked. I know the guide dog that was attacked, as a friend puppywalked her and is a friend of the guide dog owner.

This incident occured a while back, and I am glad the police are still trying to find the idiot responsible.

The guide dog did have very bad puncture wounds to the neck and was very traumatised, as was her owner,. But she has since returned to work in harness and has returned to Cricklewood station where the attack took place.
oh thats such good news she is ok and back to work! the video says it was 4th october 09, at first i thought it was something within the past few days.

how do you know it wasnt staged? i dont think it was, but it would have been staged by the other guy, not the guide dog owner.

i really hope they catch the guy, i cant believe he left them there...
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh thats such good news she is ok and back to work! the video says it was 4th october 09, at first i thought it was something within the past few days.

how do you know it wasnt staged? i dont think it was, but it would have been staged by the other guy, not the guide dog owner
I thought the implication was that the whole thing was set up? But yes I suppose the idiot could have been setting his dog up to attack.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:55 PM

i have emailed the sun, and have told them i am furious after reading that and want to find out how to put in a complaint. i hope they reply or they will be getting loads emails or calls from me, i am so disgusted by that headline.
I an proud of you!! I have emailed them too!! And might start a anti sun thread on my own site!!

I can totally assure you Tabsmagic that this attack was genuine and unprovoked. I know the guide dog that was attacked,

Good!! thank you for that- it is so hard with the media to know what the hell to believe!!
So was it actually a PBT do you think- or will we never know.
Sadly if it was a while back and they have not got him yet it looks unlikely they will now......
But we can hope.........
So glad the dog and owner recovered
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I thought the implication was that the whole thing was set up? But yes I suppose the idiot could have been setting his dog up to attack.
i took it that people thought the guy was setting it up, like trying to use the guide dog as a bait dog... not that the guide dog owner was involved. just the other guy.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2009, 12:05 AM
i took it that people thought the guy was setting it up, like trying to use the guide dog as a bait dog... not that the guide dog owner was involved. just the other guy.
Yes, I think i took the original comment the wrong way!

I only saw the clip on London Tonight, i haven't seen the whole attack. To be honest I was upset enough when I was told about it weeks ago, especially knowing the dog, as she is a real sweetheart. My friend who puppywalked her is away at the moment, i hope she doesnt watch the attack as I am sure she will be devastated to see it for real.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Glad to hear the lab has returned to work, and even gone back to the station.
Its really good to hear the dog is okay and that the attack didnt completly ruin the its working life.
Is her owner okay?
Are they still together?
I hope she is getting over the attack and wish her and her lab all the best.

Watching the video really pi$$ed me off ,no one or any dog should have to go through that!!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 12:21 AM
The man - both as a dog owner and a human being - acted dreadfully and irresponsibly. Maybe he thought, being alone in a subway, nobody would see what happened, and didn't think it could have been on CCTV.

However he acted with his own dog cannot excuse walking away from a disabled person, totally on their own with a possibly injured dog, leaving them to their fate. If you did that to an injured person who then died as a result, that would be classed as murder.

And there are some people who get a kick out of seeing what their dog can do - or are so irresponsible that they think whatever their dog does isn't their fault.

Puts me in mind of a bloke in my local park - never seen there before or since, (tellingly) - when my dog was 5 months old. He had an American bulldog, off lead and was well in the distance. My dog stopped for a poo, and in the few minutes when I was getting a bag out and picking up, this dog had somehow moved 100 metres in my direction and was suddenly involved in a fight with my puppy. Coincidence? You decide... especially as the man claimed "my" dog had started it.

W*nk*ers everywhere, sadly.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I saw this on the news yesterday. What a dreadful thing. I hope the man is caught and prosecuted.
I'm glad to hear that the guide dog is back at work. Well done to all who got the dog over this attack.
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »