Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 07:20 PM

Cooking

Since being at home more, I have started cooking again......my OH is delighted as he normally cooks.

Ages ago he mentioned a Bread Maker, and I poo pooed the idea saying bread is cheap enough to buy in the shops!

I bought one....and the results are terrific, the smell in the house is scrummy, so have been out and stocked up with ingredients, along with a few mixes already prepared, and cake mixes. Made a carrot cake this afternoon - looks good, not tried it yet though.

Also bought a slow cooker, thats got Carribean Chicken in it at the mo, so will let you know how that turns out.

How domestic have I become, I suppose it comes with the territory of becoming a mum again - to Harvey x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I bought a bread maker some time ago. For a few months I only made bread, never bought it. Unfortunately the novelty soon wore off. The great beastie of a machine is now residing out of sight in a cupboard. If I want nice fresh bread, I buy it
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:23 PM
well done HM you'll be getting an apron and rolling pin soon LOL
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Vicki, I know the novelty may wear off!!!

Inca, you know me just a weekend thing, back to normal Monday morning .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Haven't got a bread maker and daren't by one now since joining Weightwatchers! But I do have 2 slow cookers and I swear by them, they're the best thing since sliced bread! , especially with a husband who always comes home late for his dinner (only coz of work - I checked that out!!) plus I don't burn his dinner anymore when I get sidetracked on DW either
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 08:41 PM
ooh i love making bread in my machine cant remember when i last bought a loaf i make all my own cakes as well never buy shop bought you cant beat homemade baking
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Haven't got a bread maker and daren't by one now since joining Weightwatchers! But I do have 2 slow cookers and I swear by them, they're the best thing since sliced bread! , especially with a husband who always comes home late for his dinner (only coz of work - I checked that out!!) plus I don't burn his dinner anymore when I get sidetracked on DW either
I dont do bread either, find it too hard going, but the OH loves it, plus he is normally late home from work......good thinking, I can stay even longer on here !!

His mother once told me she had cooked in a slow cooker, left it for the family, Nigel came home and ate the lot!!!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
ooh i love making bread in my machine cant remember when i last bought a loaf i make all my own cakes as well never buy shop bought you cant beat homemade baking
What's your favourite? I'm yet to taste the Carrot cake....
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:12 PM
oooh carrot cake is out of this world my favourite cake i like to make for myself is chocolate and walnut cake its gorgeous
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I love cooking but not adventurous enough, I should get myself a really good cookery book and start getting out the rolling pin, if I can find it LOL

Glad your all domesticated again Trace and post some of that carrot cake my way it sounds delicious
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >