View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Our dog is 10 years old. We took him for his vaccinations and a new vet only gave him a partial vaccination for Leptospirosis, the the same as last year. When we queried it, he told us that they now only give the full vaccination every 3 years. What are people's feelings about this. Do you agree or not? or don't you believe in vaccinations at all when your dog gets older?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Vets have been doing this for years and it has nothing to do with the dogs age.
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Thank you for your reply. Our old vet died and this new one does not give us any confidence, as he was told our dog has white claws with long quicks, yet managed to cut a nail that didn't even need cutting and made it bleed. Our old vet who died some couple of years ago used to give the full vaccination every other year. I suppose new ideas are put into place after so many dogs seem to have a bad reaction to them if their immune system is not up to it. Time for us to find a new vet, I think, as we have no rapport with this new one. He has worked with large animals and is very heavy handed and clumsy with smaller animals. I know at least 2 other dog owners who have moved away because of his manner towards small animals. Thanks again for your input.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah most vets these days follow the 3 year protocol.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5