Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 01:21 PM

Tiny Obedience Brag

Ok, its a bit of a pathetic one so it doesn't deserve a huge brag. But me and my Riley sometimes (very very occassionally) will have a go at the obedience competition at the fun shows. He does do suprisingly well considering we have never done any classes and i know nothing so its the blind leading the blind

But anyway, at a fun show at the weekend we did the obedience class. It was very simple, just walking to heel, sits, stays, recalls - you know. But there were about 30 in it and it was one after the other, taking turns... Me and Riley at the end.

Well, of course, there were a few "proper" obedience people One lady, with her two dogs upped the stakes a bit by doing the heel off the lead (which i'vce not done with Riley!!). So then other people tried it, with amusing results in some cases

Anyway, temporary madness i think made me try it offlead with Riley and he was PERFECT!!! Walked beautifully to heel, sat on command immediately, stayed without moving. Ok, he did a slightly over enthusiastic recall (rearing, wiggling, then galloping full speed at me before skidding into a halt at my feet grinning ) but i was so, so pleased with him!!

And guess what?? He was called in 4th!!!! beating some really good "proper" obedience dogs!!! I was so pleased!!

Im thinking of maybe taking him to some classes as he seems to be getting good results consistently and with proper training he might actually be quite good But this was our biggest class by far to date so im thrilled!

**Silly Brag over.. Sorry!**