Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 12:25 AM

Horses

Having a stressful time with my horses at the moment. Gotta rehome them cos the bloke wants the field for the other people at the yard who have bought two more horses im fairly sure he cant kick existing liveries out to house new ones,but not even going to argue as i've been looking for alternative arrangements anyway. The fields are beautiful there and its very local (5 mins walk) but the other people who keep their horses at the yard have come from a very large livery yard, and they seem to think its alright to mess with my horses They're always feeding them and "checking" on them (i visit my horses at least twice a day to check and feed them) and have even been in the field with them They have several kids, and Charlie is absolutely NOT child safe. He's fine with them riding him, and if he's tied up, but loose in the field... Not a good idea I told the yard owner this, and said that i would prefer people to stay OUT of the field as Charlie will kick... But clearly this hasn't happened. Poor C has been getting so grumpy and bad tempered. He ran up to the gate as i walked to it the other day, squealing, rearing and bucking. That is NOT my pony

So, to cut a long story short, both ponies are coming back home until i can find a private field to rent. There are several livery yards locally but i think i'd be best with my own field and noone messing with my horses. I hate to see Charlie so upset We havent got much grass as the ground hasn't recovered from the floods in the summer, but it will do for a month or two, so hopefully i'll get something else sorted by then!

Anyway, thought i'd share some pictures of them also. Charlie is the little fat, bay pony, Una is the black one. Both very hairy!! Pictures are very bad as it was getting dark!!

Grumpy Charlie!!

Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Oh dear, sorry you're having a tough time, I hope you manage to get it sorted.

The pics are lovely, your horses are gorgeous and Charlie looks a lovely character, even if he is grumpy
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Thank you

Charlie is an angel really, honest!!

I really cant wait to get him home and have my happy, cheerful little horse back! I thought he'd love to be in a place where theres more going on, and other horses. I just didnt expect people would be messing with him and its obviously stressing him... Poor boy!
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear they you're having problems with your current livery yard. I hope you'll find something soon. Why don't you keep them at home with you all the time, is the riding not very good in your area?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I did keep Charlie at home for the last ten years!! The place they are now is only 5 mins walk away from my house. We just dont have enough land at home for two, only about an acre. And being in Tewkesbury we got completely flooded and the grass just hasnt grown back very well at all...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Always a blooming nightmare isn't it Jessica finding somewhere that hasn't got some kind of blooming downside!!! By rights, you pay rent for THAT field and no other begger should be going into the field, I know we had that arrangement at my last liver yard where I rented fields with stables, we all had our own field with our own stable/s and no-one else was allowed to go in anyone elses, and that's the way it should be! I always had problems when moving mine coz he was a cribber (usual TB thing!) and when the owners saw him wrecking their lovely fencing it was get yer coat time! Once he managed to pull a great big water tank off it's brick footings! He always wore a cribbing collar, so I can adamantly say they don't work!!! Always in the winter too!!

It doesn't matter that you've not got much grass back at home coz there's never much grass around anywhere this time of year and no goodness in it, so you'll just be giving them hay out there anyway won't you.

I know what you must be going through, it was always the same for me when I had horses, and they don't like being rehomed either do they, unless of course it's coming back home which yours will be, so they'll know it well. I hope you find somewhere suitable, I hope it's cheap and closeby, and I hope it fits all the criteria, and the girls aren't horsey bitches, coz a lot of them are, I know that too!!!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:35 PM
To make me even more annoyed....

I went down this afternoon to check on them, and someone had given them STRAW!!! Charlie has a dust allergy and cannot be bedded on straw as he gets a very bad cough, and he loves the taste of it so wolfs it down! It can cause colic, and i had no clue how much they had been given, so thats another scary callout fee for the vet to check them over and give charlie an injection to stop him coughing... Perfect.

They seem fine now, took them some hay (SOAKED!!!) and Charlie was munching happily on that. Will be glad to get my babies home!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Who are these numbskulls then? They can't be horsey people if they're giving yours straw!!!! If they're hungry and there's no grass, then of course they're going to eat it, different matter when they're warmly tucked up in a stable of straw with a big haynet isn't it!!!! Grrrr. Idiots! Won't be long now, get them home, for your own peace of mind.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 10:00 PM
They're pony club ppl Helena The kid is all "my mummy bought me this, my mummy bought me that"... Drives me mad!!lol

I've put a sign on the gate "Do NOT feed these horses"
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2008, 11:01 AM
ohh thats bad, hate looking for livery yards, at least you have land to bring them back on, its better than nothing... i wish i could keep mine at home,

when are you moving them/