Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 09:13 AM

Blackpool Champ Show

Well I've just worked out that this would literally be the first Champ show I could possibly take Marius to! (how sad am I!!! ) He will just miss out on being eligible for Border Union by one day off his 6mths age limit:smt019

I may just go and watch instead as he will be very green at such a young age!

Anyone happen to know who is judging Rotties at Blackpool please?
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Mr G Mitchell is doing Rottweilers at Blackpool 07 on June 24th. Check out www.fossedata.co.uk for the schedule

Dawn R.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Ohh thanks Dawn, ta very much
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Go for it! The younger they are, the more easily the judge forgives "inappropriate" behaviour! Dallies at 6 mths are completely mad, it's best to be embarrassed when most people expect them to be like that
There was a Rottie at the show today, looked about 4 months old, his head was on a swivel with sooooo many dogs around of all shapes and sizes, he looked like a cartoon dog!
I was very tempted to tuck him under my jacket and bring him home, he was gorgeous!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Aww I bet!

Hey, you may have a point there, if I screw up at least I can get away with it more blaming it on him being so young LOL
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I must admit, when I'm judging I hate to see puppies standing like stuffed toys and never putting a foot wrong, I love to see them playing about and having fun and as long as I see enough movement to show that they are sound I'm quite happy. Good luck and have fun when the day comes.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I must admit, when I'm judging I hate to see puppies standing like stuffed toys and never putting a foot wrong, I love to see them playing about and having fun and as long as I see enough movement to show that they are sound I'm quite happy.
Hear hear! That's good judging IMO, nobody wants to put a youngster off showing by making it too serious in the early stages...... being in Utility at the moment, Dallies are at a disadvantage to many of the breeds in the Group which are smaller and more well behaved (TT's excepted!! ) luckily we move to the Hound Group in June so our bouncy babies won't stand out quite so much!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by susanatlasinski View Post
I must admit, when I'm judging I hate to see puppies standing like stuffed toys and never putting a foot wrong, I love to see them playing about and having fun and as long as I see enough movement to show that they are sound I'm quite happy. Good luck and have fun when the day comes.

Aww that's a nice thing to say, poor Marius has a very large disadvantage and that's ME!! I am such a novice Rottie handler and I know it shows, but hey we all have to start somewhere! If he were a GSD I'd be fine!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 06:27 PM
you will do just fine, just enjoy the day and all will go well, hes only a baby a good judge will allow for that, x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks Shona - don't know the judge do you? PM if you prefer not to comment LOL!!! Are you going?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >