View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
linnecal
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Help! Dog is eating grass and not much food!

Over the last few days, my Maltese/Yorkie mix has been eating a little grass. She threw up some grass last week and I thought the little issue was solved. Usually she eats 2 meals a day, but is only eating one. To make up for only eating one meal, she has been given 1.5 table spoons of Greek yogurt. This is the only "table food" she is allowed to eat, and only when given to her at special time. My family was gone 2 weeks ago on vacation, so she stayed with grandparents. I also have noticed that her top canines have quite a bit of plaque and I'm giving her Greenies and brushing her teeth frequently. I know this is a lot of variables, but if anyone could help with her not eating but eating grass instead, that would be great! Thanks!
Jas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Dogs tend to eat grass to be sick, which is a way of self cleansing the stomach. If she hasn't been wanting her food either that's a sure sign of a poorly stomach so she's trying to rid her body of some bug. Mine sometimes don't eat for a day or two when they have a stomach bug, but if it lasts for too long you should take her to the vets.
Josphroberts
New Member!
Male 

26-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Seems like something must be upsetting her stomach, eating grass is usually a way of inducing vomiting. Maybe she was given different food when she stayed with the grandparents, or her dog food was changed. Could cause an upset stomach. Would call your vet anyways just to be sure.