View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrewingTea
New Member!
Female 

27-04-2016, 07:12 AM
I am sorry to hear about Lucy, I hope she recovers and starts running with you again. I just thought of sharinh this here, it's an article about Hip Dysplasia in dogs as a result of bad diet. I am not saying that this happened to Lucy, I am just sharing it here so that everyone can go through this blog and will be aware about this.
jfrwright
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Shelly have you considered using a hip brace to help support the area? My lab was diagnosed with hip dysplasia not too long ago, she's 9 now, and so far we've been managing with the brace and using other supplements to manage her pain and inflammation.

I think realistically dogs can live for years like this, at least that's what I'm hopeful for.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2016, 12:27 PM
My old Border Collie was diagnosed with severe HD in both back hips as well as arthritis in both at six years old.

We put him on Glucosomine and Chondroitin and also Green Lipped Mussel with Metacam as a back up if too much pain. We didn't use the Metacam until he got to 14 when things started to worsen. He lived to be 16 at which point things just got too much and he was struggling to show any enthusiasm for life so we let him go peacefully
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2