View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2014, 10:07 PM
EeeeeeeK !!!!! I too HAD to have a look but they've made me get goose-bumps.

I have no idea why I'm so scared of spiders as I know they do a lot of good BUT its the house spiders that we tend to see in August that race across the carpet under the settee and I always assume their partner is probably just waiting to race after its mate

However, I would never and have never killed one and get my OH to put them outside.

Your spiders are fascinating but their hairy legs are just too much
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2014, 03:01 AM
First off I looked at the original pictures and read some of the early comments. I realize in the anonymous world of cyberspace people tend to speak their minds perhaps a bit too freely sometimes. There's nothing wrong with being polite kids. Just because someone has a pet that might not be your first choice...be nice anyway, find some feature that's commendable. Lacking that maybe saying something like " I'm sure Boris the spider makes you very happy, great pics!".
That being said... I have a great tarantula story. Centuries ago when I was a teen my best friend loved tarantulas and any spider really. For his birthday I decided to surprise him. I found a healthy new furry friend for him. The plan was I would go to his house when he got home from work.
I lived at home then and I had a few hours to wait. I didn't want to confine the spider in a small box that long.
The bathtub...perfect, spidey could stay in the tub then I'd box him back up and Happy Birthday!
My Mom always worked until around 5pm like clockwork. My friend got home at 3pm. That was the day my Mom came home early of course...and before I could get there went in to use the bathroom...oh my, I'm glad she just screamed and didn't faint dead away. My friend was happily surprised and had that tarantula many years. I was even brave enough to hold it and pet it sometimes. My daughters rats are sweethearts...hey to each their own.
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Poecilotheria subfusca LL by Kitkat-1992, on Flickr

Ceratogyrus marshalli by Kitkat-1992, on Flickr
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3