View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Good luck at the vets. Maybe it is Kismets way of saying this isn't right......I do hope it is not a sinister lump though xxxx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Selkie is asleep on the living room floor now and Kismet is cuddled up nearby, whatever it was seems to be passed... she still keep sniffing and whining at the lump every now and then though...

I so hope the lump is nothing sinister, but I can't ignore Kismet's reaction to it.. I will get it biopsied tomorrow and will let you know the result.. But I am stealing myself for the worst. Poor angel.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 03:59 PM
So took Selkie to the vets after work today.. The vet trimmed and shaved the hair from Selkie's forehead (not a good look for her poor angel) The wartlike cyst on her forehead had become seriously infected.. If kismet hadn't spotted it the vet thinks it would likely have become septic and she would have died!

As it is the vet was able to drain it under a local anaesthetic and we have a sleepy selkie and a load of antibiotics, the vet said we caught it in time and she will be fine. She also said that other than that Selkie seems to be in excellent condition and the antibiotics should deal with a couple of her other niggles.

Shows you.. sometimes you have to listen to the dog!

Those of you who can and do such things, lots of healing for my precious Selkie angel needed please.

Kismet has given the newly expressed lump on Selkie's forehead a good sniff and wash since we came back from the vet in but has now settled down on the floor next to Selkie's bed!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I am sending hugs to beautiful Selkie and a "good girl for alerting you" kiss for Kismet
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Sending big healing hugs to Selkie, and well done hugs to Kismet,

Becky and Ayla xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Lots of healing vibes and cuddles for Selkie and definitely a big hug for Kismet.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Dogs always know best imo! Well done to Kismet for alerting you like that although she didn't have to be quite so loud about it I suppose, but then would you have noticed it if she hadn't gone as overboard as she did, I doubt it! Sending lots of positive vibes for dear old Selkie that it all heals up quickly and painlessly, bless her dear old heart.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Hope Selkie is better soon
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Amazing stuff. Loads of healing vibes to Selkie and a huge hug to Kismet. Just amazing.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Sending good vibes for Selkie that all continues to go well.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >