Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-02-2011, 01:20 AM

Animal Abuse

Found this posted on another website.
Has anyone else seen it?
Does anyone know the person?
Has anyone bought a dog from her?
Her name is Fiona Cole-Wilkin from Rochford in Essex. She operates from Vange in Essex.
A friend of mine thinks he may have bought a dog from her but couldnt remember the exact town/location. Was 5 years ago. He never did get the papers.
She breeds GSD's, advertises pups with KC papers but apparently doesnt register them.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...6VHCqj_BXCHako
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Poor poor dogs
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Hmmm.I'm going to be shot down in flames for this but...

The field was boggy - what field isn't at this time of year?

The dog runs had cement floors and I couldn't see any sign of a build up of faeces in the video,in fact they looked as if they'd been cleaned not long before the cameras arrived.They were makeshift but they were of a decent size.

If feeding dogs microwave meals is cruelty then everyone who gives their dogs table scraps is an animal abuser.
The dogs looked to be in reasonable bodily condition.No one went inside the pens,it's entirely possible that there were waterbowls inside the trailers.

The long haired dog was indeed 'matted' - with mud.He didn't get muddy in his run so he must have been getting exercised in the field.

The trainer "saw A rat" in one of the runs.He's right,where there's one there's more but it doesn't add up to an 'infestation'. Rats abound in the countryside.

"The dogs were left unattended overnight".
There's no one on the premises overnight at RSPCA shelters either.

Dogs are companion animals and it would be nice if ALL dogs were house pets but keeping them in kennels is not defined as cruel.

One of the dogs was circling in the pen as the media people looked in.Circling like that may be a stereotypical behaviour brought on by boredom and frustration but it could also have been brought on by excitement over all the strange people around the pens.

The RSPCA had investigated this previously and I can see why they decided that there was no reason for concern.

The horses were wearing New Zealand rugs where appropriate and had ample quantities of hay.They appeared to be of the type that can live out and, however makeshift the construction,had shelters built for them.

The place wasn't pretty but I've never met a canine interior decorator yet!Well not a good one anyway.

The KC said that the lady hadn't registered any pups recently although she had in the past.Perhaps this lady was selling pups as registered and conning her puppy buyers,not a good thing to do,but that's not animal abuse either.That's fraud.

Perhaps this lady IS guilty of cruelty to animals,the case is being investigated and if they find evidence - REAL evidence that is - she'll be taken to court.

She has however already been found guilty BY THE MEDIA!!

Since when have the newspapers been running the judicial system?We all know the law is an ass but there isn't an animal on the planet loathsome enough to be saddled with tabloid journalists as a running mate.

They can always find someone who'll say "the worst I've ever seen". I always wonder where these shocked people have been.I'VE seen worse than that!

Okay I've finished and you can all start tearing me to shreds.

ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2011, 09:41 AM
The Echo is excellent at campaigns like this. They were instrumental in finally getting the dreadful local kennels closed where they found dying and starving dogs - it had been the subject of many complaints but Basildon Council was still giving them the Strays contract.
here`s the video link btw.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/loca...ested_kennels/
Thankyou for posting this.
Richard Cross
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree ClairandDaisy. I believe at some point even the dog warden was so disgusted that he resigned. Thats going back a few years now. Thankyou for the link, I hadnt seen that one.
Fiona Cole-Wilkin is actually proud of what she's done and sees no wrong in it. Tried saying sombody dumped the dogs on her. A puppy farmer no less!! Of course they did!!
Who in Gods name is HiHoSilver? and how on earth can they condone those conditions?
Why should the conditions be worse just to turn more heads? I think its disgusting and cruel.
It sounds like they approve of Fiona Cole-Wilkin and the way she keeps dogs.
Not sure what business they have on here then, certainly no lover of dogs I would say.
I actually came on here recently to chat to people about mine but since reading that post I wondered if this site wasnt just another cyberbullying site.
Please reassure me somebody.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Richard Cross View Post
I agree ClairandDaisy. I believe at some point even the dog warden was so disgusted that he resigned. Thats going back a few years now. Thankyou for the link, I hadnt seen that one.
Fiona Cole-Wilkin is actually proud of what she's done and sees no wrong in it. Tried saying sombody dumped the dogs on her. A puppy farmer no less!! Of course they did!!
Who in Gods name is HiHoSilver? and how on earth can they condone those conditions?
Why should the conditions be worse just to turn more heads? I think its disgusting and cruel.
Not sure what business they have on here then, certainly no lover of dogs I would say.
I actually came on here recently to chat to people about mine but since reading that post I wondered if this site wasnt just another cyberbullying site.
Here come the flames.Told ya.No evidence of a puppy farm - 4 dogs - no pups.I don't like dogs being kept in kennels,I keep my 12 - 14 in the house.Read my post with your brain in gear.I am going on the news report.No actionable cruelty there.That story had more holes than my grandpappy's longjohns.If you know more than the paper said do share..and do something more worth while than just accusing me obliquely of condoning animal abuse.Check my posts - you'll see soon enough what I'm about.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2011, 01:25 AM
What is a cyberbullying site?
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Please check out HiHoSilver's other posts before you condemn someone like that. He appears to have done a lot more to help suffering animals in Eire than a lot of us will ever do in our lives.

You may well be right about Fiona Cole-Wilkin & probably have more local knowledge but you can't blame anyone for being sceptical about newspaper articles!
Richard Cross
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-02-2011, 08:51 AM
My sincere apologies for offending anyone, that would be the last thing I would want to do.
I never openly accused anyone of condoning, I simply asked how can they? To be fair, I am new to this site and have, as previously said, been looking for a site where I can share experiences and and chat with like minded people. I have found sites that are hell bent on bullying and bringing personal issues into an area where personal issues shouldnt be brought (that sounded long winded). There are arguements on screen, drawing lots of other people in and it is known as cyber bullying. Bullying online, deliberately designed to intimidate. I've seen it on 5 so far and hope this wasnt another one.
I too keep my dogs at home but seeing and hearing the report on Fiona Cole-Wilkin, I will ask, why does there need to be a LEVEL of abuse.
I know that abuse comes in many forms. We've all read about animals being microwaved, burnt, drowned, starved, kicked and beaten, but being left unattended, not given an adequate diet, fresh water, shelter and just a warm comfy place to sleep and feel safe - the basics, in fact, are still a form of abuse. Surely ANY abuse is too much.
So far as puppies are concerned, Fiona Cole-Wilkin is, by her own admission, breeding and I know that to be fact. Also that she sells from different addresses. Once again I apologise for offending but I think on isues like this its important to be honest and occasionally agree to differ.
I will now check your other posts to see what you're about.
I will say, so far as accusing, my intention is only to accuse the guilty. I am prepared to stand corrected.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:04 AM
My sincere apologies for offending anyone, that would be the last thing I would want to do.
I never openly accused anyone of condoning, I simply asked how can they? To be fair, I am new to this site and have, as previously said, been looking for a site where I can share experiences and and chat with like minded people. I have found sites that are hell bent on bullying and bringing personal issues into an area where personal issues shouldnt be brought (that sounded long winded). There are arguements on screen, drawing lots of other people in and it is known as cyber bullying. Bullying online, deliberately designed to intimidate. I've seen it on 5 so far and hope this wasnt another one.
I too keep my dogs at home but seeing and hearing the report on Fiona Cole-Wilkin, I will ask, why does there need to be a LEVEL of abuse.
I know that abuse comes in many forms. We've all read about animals being microwaved, burnt, drowned, starved, kicked and beaten, but being left unattended, not given an adequate diet, fresh water, shelter and just a warm comfy place to sleep and feel safe - the basics, in fact, are still a form of abuse. Surely ANY abuse is too much.
So far as puppies are concerned, Fiona Cole-Wilkin is, by her own admission, breeding and I know that to be fact. Also that she sells from different addresses. Once again I apologise for offending but I think on isues like this its important to be honest and occasionally agree to differ.
I will now check your other posts to see what you're about.
I will say, so far as accusing, my intention is only to accuse the guilty. I am prepared to stand corrected.
No-one here condones animal abuse or cruelty & will speak against it vociferously. And I hope you don't think that there's any bullying on Dogsey ~ I've found 99% of the members to be helpful, kind to animals & good to chat with or get advice from.

Hope you stick around
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >