Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ZootHornRollo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-07-2010, 03:52 PM

Grade Confussion

Hi,

My partner and i have been competing in KC agility shows.

I have been in grade 2 for a while and recently won a third jumping class so will be in grade 3 in a few weeks time. My partner is still in grade 1 - not for lack of effort on her part!

There have been occasions when i have run my partners dog in combined classes if she hasn't been able to make it to a show but i am wondering what will happen once i am in grade 3.

If i run her dog in a KC show it would need to be at grade 3, yes? is it then reclassified as a grade 3 dog? What happens when my partner runs the dog again?

anybody know how this all works?
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
You either need to run your partners dog in combined 1-3 (not graded) classes only, which are few and far between in large, or register your partners dog in both yours and her name that would put both the dog and your partner into grade 3, so she couldn't run in grade 1 (or 2) again.
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2010, 02:07 PM
or you could register the dog in your name, the dog would then become grade 3 so you could run in graded classes and she could also run it as grade 1s can run any grade dog as it's the dogs grade that matters from 3 upwards not the handler.
I know there was some confusion about this at the back end of last year but Afaik it was clarified that a grade 1 handler could run a grade 3 dog just not a grade 3 handler run a grade 1 dog (unless a combined class)
Unless of course the partners dog is small or medium in which case certainly in my area, there are no shortage of combined 1 to 3 classes
ZootHornRollo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-07-2010, 09:04 PM
thanks,

she isn't confident enough to run the dog in grade 3 classes as clears are few and far between in 1's and 2's - although there are often 1-3 classes here, about 50/50 graded/combined, not every show tho.