Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Nature Diet Advice Please

as many of you are aware my JRT Milo is suffering Anemia. The vet because of his food allergies is working on the assumption that its ulceration of the bowel and treating him accordingly.
Now I know he has wheat/gluten allergy as he will scratch like mad if he manages to grab the smallest amount and so I have been feeding him Wainwrights which is a very good food. He has however still got the ulceration probaly caused by a food irritation to something. So I am thinking of trying him on Nature Diet.
I have never looked at this food before so know nothing about it. I've had a quick look on thier website and see its moist and comes in little containers.
Can anyone please tell me price of each container, Price of a multipack and the very most basic of the range that is complete so I won't need to add anything and that will hopefully help him heal inside by causing no more allergy irritation. Also how much a 6.36kg JRT would need to be fed each day.

Thanks
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2007, 12:29 PM
hi madmare,nature diet comes in 390gm tubs and there is 18 tubs to a box.if you contact the company on 08700 132960 and speak to them ,if you buy 2 boxes minimum they will deliver at no extra cost.prices per box depend on how many boxes you order.i sell a box of 18 at £10.50 and if i can remember right when i called them on behalf of a friend even with delivery it worked out about the same i think about £10.80 per box but cheaper if u bought more than 2 .i hope this is of some help to you
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I feed a weimy, BC x ESS and mini dachshund and I need 3 boxes a week which is about 30 quid a week.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 01:31 PM
It's anywhere between 60p and 80p a tub. I sometimes give it to my lot when they're feeling under the weather and go off thier dried food.
WelshWoofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Well my Mastiff pup (5 months but the size of a large lab already) is on ND. Round our way the tubs vary in price from 57p for the original up to 63p for the puppy (67p in some places I've been to).

What I would say though is - haggle! I've found that if I go to a pet store that's not a chain (no point trying to haggle with an 18yr old schlepper at Pets @ Home, you'll get nowhere) I can plonk a couple of boxes of 18 on the counter and start negotiating. Offer them £8 a box (they'll say 'no') and hope to end up at £10. Be matey but persistant and remember that when an offer is on the table...the first to speak, loses!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks everyone.
Milo is now on it and I am thrilled with it. He loves it and within a week of being on it his longterm anemia suddenly vanished.
I am now looking to put my Rottie x GSD Shady on it when her bag of food runs out.
PAH sell it at 67p a tub and you save 50p if you by 18 of any variety except the gold.
Milo is on the Gold but Shady can have any. I think it works out slightly cheaper at PAH than if I order direct in bulk from Naturediet themselves. Well according to thier price list they sent me anyway for bulk ordering.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,
Have you got a Pets at Home store near you, they sell the nature diet range (well our one does), so you dont have to have a box of 18 in just one flavour, and I believe theirs cost 67p each.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Uh-oh,

Sorry, just read your reply and see you do
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm sure the last time I was in Tesco I seen a 2k bag of dry Nature's Diet complete food, however I don't think they sell the moist tubs.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2007, 07:49 PM
If you join the pets at home mailing list you will get lots of vouchers . I'm sure I've seen money off vouchers specifically for Nature Diet but they also send you general money off vouchers, spend £20 save £2 etc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >