Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:22 PM

Mum just been taken into hospital

What a great start, yesterday mum was in a lot of pain, she ended up calling the paramedics, they ran an ecg and said everything was ok, but advised her to go to hospital. She diodn't want to go as last time she was in she contracted MRSA so they got her an appt at the docs today.

The appt was 09.10 and I have been trying to phone for ages and dad just rang me she has been taklen into hospital

They say it is not her heart but she is in terrible pain in her lower chest area that extends round to her ribs, she is nauseous and the pain is constant, it came on suddenly and not upon just waking up it just started yesterday about 10 am. She says its almost as intense as when she broke her back.

So I can't do anything but sit and wait, don't know what it is, how she is or what to do. Kind of feel a bit sick myself
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Nothing worse than sitting waiting for news{{{hugs}}} Can't say anything to help but thinking of you and hoping all will be well
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh dear.

Hope she's OK. Is she at Ninewells ?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear this

I know your Mum won't think so, but she is in the best place until they work out what the pain is. I do hope that it is nothing serious and that she gets out later today.

(((Hugs))) to you all.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:32 PM
So sorry to hear this. Hope everything is okay
DalaiMama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:33 PM
So very sorry she is in so much pain but, as Hali says, she is in the best place until they find out what is wrong.

Hope all works out ok.

((hugs)) x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys...its just the waiting and also the hoping a)she is ok and b) she can be at home to enjoy Christmas she was having us and my grandpa, her dad (who is 100) round

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Oh dear.

Hope she's OK. Is she at Ninewells ?
Thanks Phil yeah Ninewells she was admitted just after 11am
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear this. I had hoped she might be ok after they ruled out the heart yeaterday. Sending some Fudgey hugs...
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 01:11 PM
So sorry to hear this. Hope they can sort out the source of her pain and help her to feel better.

If she is so uncomfortable she is in the best place.

But do hope she is feeling loads better soon.

((Hugs))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to be reading this, you must be so very worried about your Mum Like others have said, she couldn't be in a better place, they'll soon sort her out or at least diagnose her problem and take things from there. I once had a similar type pain and they whisked me into hospital suspecting gallbladder and I had to wait 3 days for a scan (no food only water ) and yet I kept telling them I'd pulled my stomach muscles through lifting a great big foxglove plant on the end of a shovel! You don't think your mum could have done anything daft and pulled those big muscles across her chest underneath her ribs like I did do you? I hope so, better that than something going on internal. I wish you all the very best and more, and sending lots and lots of hugs from me and Georgie to keep you sane.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »