Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-08-2006, 08:01 PM

david gemmell

just found out that david gemmell has passed away. for the uninitiated he was one of the finest science fanatesy writers of the modern era. sorry to bore you but i think he will be sadlly misssed
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I felt that way when horror writer Richard Laymon passed a few years ago - he was the best, and made Stephen King look like Enid Blyton.......
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I felt that way when horror writer Richard Laymon passed a few years ago - he was the best, and made Stephen King look like Enid Blyton.......
yeah with some writers its just so easy to turn the page and its a shame to finish the book.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh no, what did he die of? He's one of the fantasy writers I've not read much of - think I read one of his books a long time ago.

I love Janny Wurtz but she has taken a serial of books a bit too far now, I think, and they have become a bit samey.
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Oh no, what did he die of? He's one of the fantasy writers I've not read much of - think I read one of his books a long time ago.

I love Janny Wurtz but she has taken a serial of books a bit too far now, I think, and they have become a bit samey.
he had a triple bypass about 3 weeks ago and i dont think things went well.
i havent read any janny wurtz but will give her a try now.you want to try davids last triogy called troy ,its nothing to do with the film and one of the easiest and best reads i have ever read.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Mark,

I know exactly how you feel, being a HUGE Fantasy fiction fan, he was one of my favorite writers, his work has always been such a inspration to me.

I have even met him twice and got signed books off him.

At 40, he was robbed of a full life.

He is a writer that will be greatly missed, yet his legacy will last forever in the hearts and minds of those who love his work.
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
Mark,

I know exactly how you feel, being a HUGE Fantasy fiction fan, he was one of my favorite writers, his work has always been such a inspration to me.

I have even met him twice and got signed books off him.

At 40, he was robbed of a full life.

He is a writer that will be greatly missed, yet his legacy will last forever in the hearts and minds of those who love his work.
i was never lucky enough to meet the great man, wish i had. i have just finished his latest to be published, yhe second of the troy triogy. i dont suppose we'll ever find out what happens now. the man really will be missed