Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
The moon is made of green cheese.
This section is for debating, it's for people who want to discuss issues in more depth, it's not the joke section and just so you are aware things are allowed to get a tad more heated in the debates section, that was heated not stupid, so think on.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
This section is for debating, it's for people who want to discuss issues in more depth, it's not the joke section and just so you are aware things are allowed to get a tad more heated in the debates section, that was heated not stupid, so think on.
OK. Red cheese.
My do is black and white.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-11-2016, 08:19 AM
OK. Red cheese.
My do is black and white.
Your dogs owner is a moron who can't abide by the forum rules. Even though he's been politely advised of the same I'm sure you think you're being clever but actually you couldn't be more infantile.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
One thing is for sure, if left to the CPS, many cases will be dropped. Once that happens, the RSPCA may just decide that it is a waste of resources to investigate cases.

Ever decreasing circles springs to mind
Agreed Chris. If the CPS were left to decide what to prosecute and what to drop, I believe many more animal cruelty cases would be dropped. I would rather see more cruelty cases prosecuted, not less.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Well they have a new boss so hopefully things will start to change.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/14/new-rs...s-way-5881091/
Not sure how I feel about this statement from the new CEO

"Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, the incoming chief executive said he wanted to see the number of prosecutions brought by the charity reduced and virtually eliminated for fox hunting."

Surely fox hunting, as things stand, is illegal, so why would prosecutions be virtually eliminated - unless of course the police will investigate and charge wrongdoers and the CPS will prosecute such cases.

Although I do agree with his stance here ...

"We are going to be a lot less political. It doesn’t mean we won’t stand up for animals. But we are not a political organisation,’ he said.
The charity’s next big campaign will be on tackling the illegal puppy trade, which Mr Cooper said was a ‘real problem’."
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
If the RSPCA are stopped from doing the prosecutions what happens to the animals they are inspecting?
It seems MPs are proposing that RSPCA still investigate cases of cruelty but then their findings are passed to the CPS to decide whether there is a case to prosecute. At the moment the RSPCA themselves bring private prosecutions.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Your dogs owner is a moron who can't abide by the forum rules. Even though he's been politely advised of the same I'm sure you think you're being clever but actually you couldn't be more infantile.
Aren't personal insults proscribed? Against forum rules?

Shall we stick to the topic?
No, I don't think the RSPCA should be stripped of their powers.
Better regulated maybe but I think that's an internal matter for them to sort out.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Brenda - I have come to the regretful conclusion that the RSPCA cares little for the individual animals in cases. They seem to be like any other big "Company" and the animals are just a necessary part of their operation.
There are probably many individual inspectors who care deeply about animals but once you leave the coal face of animal welfare and ascend the hierarchical ladder it does seem to me that the original reason for the Society's existence becomes lost. There has for many years been a tendency to politicising which I particularly dislike.
Sadly I agree. I believe that almost all the inspectors on the ground care for animals and that is why they do this difficult, and no doubt frequently distressing, job but it is very much a business and so those at the top are businessmen - with all the trappings that brings.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Sadly I agree. I believe that almost all the inspectors on the ground care for animals and that is why they do this difficult, and no doubt frequently distressing, job but it is very much a business and so those at the top are businessmen - with all the trappings that brings.
It's a charity but maybe it needs businessmen to run it and to ensure that it remains a viable operation.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-11-2016, 02:04 PM
It's a charity but maybe it needs businessmen to run it and to ensure that it remains a viable operation.
Like all charities the Ceo's are always businessmen, but that's not necessarily such a good thing. The current Rspca Ceo was previously at Tesco and Waitrose, not sure how that qualifies him to run the Rspca but it can't be worse than it has been recently.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »