Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Oops don't get me started. Think I will keep quiet on this one about designer dogs etc. Just mongrels at the end of the day, but cats are just as bad with their poops as they don't seem to bury it these days, mind you at least if they don't we can see it easier. And of course you have the horses which leave it all over the road and get in your tyres. Seriously we must live and let live I think. Far more serious things to think about like going on a train or bus in a crowded area.?? who knows?? Just aswell LG is on holiday or he would seriously have a rant.
According to google my Rosie is a designer breed- she isn't as I'm with you, when I was a kid we had mongrels
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
The biggest problems in the dog world today:

Breeding more dogs than we have homes for

So many dogs being available to buy that people go with whatever is in the paper that week, rather than seeing if a dog is suited to their lifestyle

Inherent health problems

Insurance charges high and vets who take advantage of insurance to charge extra and run unnecessary tests (not all of them, but some do)

Buying dogs as status symbols

Breeding banned breeds putting the dog's life at risk through no fault of their own

People not obeying the law - picking up, respecting on lead areas

Just to name a few
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
for me its stupid owners ie the ones who think its ok to let their dog of its lead even though it doesnt have a recall and who thnk its ok for their dog to run over to strange dogs and owners who think its ok to breed just cos they can or cos they think it it would be lovely to have puppies and owners who think their pet is disposable and that its ok to give it away or sell it just cos they dont want it anymore-well thats a start dont get me started on anything else!!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Think the one that springs most readily to my mind is over breeding. There are still not enough suitable homes for all the dogs being bred, rescue centres are all bursting at the seams with healthy dogs having to be pts in their hundreds every week.

Depressing.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2016, 12:31 AM
So called good breeders, who linebreed and say that this is fine because they test....................... These idiots always pick the cutest dog, and sell the rest. If cute was healthy, no testing would be needed.
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I think one of the biggest problems is people not researching the breed of dog they want BEFORE they get it! Just going on looks is not a good idea! Also all dogs are different and just because it is of a certain breed does not mean it will be a text book example of that breed.

I also agree designer breeds, breed specific legislation, and puppy mills are also a HUGE problem!!
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2016, 06:21 PM
The biggest problems I see in dogs are the owners, puppy farmers and the fact that the show ring rewards exaggerations either in coat or construction.
Nobody can look at breeds like OES, Bulldogs and Pekes (to name but a few and say that they are normal.
michaelflynn
New Member!
Male 

16-08-2016, 10:12 AM
thanks for sharing
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2016, 10:57 AM
The biggest problem on dog world right now is the diabetes because I've read so many articles about dog that have diabetes. That's why we need to make sure that we give them the right food and right diet to maintain their healthy lifestyle.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I think the biggest problem in the dog world today is us - humans. I heard on the news today that a bloke had been killed by a staffie x lab cross - who on earth would want to cross a staffie with lab FFS? That is so inappropriate. I am all for crosses, for mongrels, for shaking up the genes, but with thought and care. The poor bloke's yorkie was attacked by this dog, he intervened and died later in hospital.

The dog had already erred from the straight and narrow, but been spared euthanasia. I don't blame the dog, I blame the ******* stupid owner who KNEW that he had a dangerous dog. What is the matter with these people? When will they ever learn that it is not HARD, it is not CLEVER to have a dangerous dog ... he should be done for MURDER in my opinion, not just manslaughter, but out and out MURDER!! This makes my blood boil, the poor dog, the poor man who was killed - and doubtless the poor innocent Yorkie who probably was also killed.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >