Dumb!!

That collar.. dumb!!

Nice muzzle... oh wait, no it's not... it's dumb

Why?? Someone tell me why??
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Myra - if I said what I thought about those pictures I would be permanently banned from Dogsey.

"Dumb" is putting it politely. I could never be so polite about such travesties.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Myra - if I said what I thought about those pictures I would be permanently banned from Dogsey.

"Dumb" is putting it politely. I could never be so polite about such travesties.
Haha!! I know how you feel. I really do. When I see crap like this... I go "No wonder nobody likes pit bulls!!"

ALL of that crap is totally not necessary and some of it is borderline cruel. I mean, HOW can a dog function in one of those huge spiked collars??
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:58 AM
How could any one use these on a dog?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
How could any one use these on a dog?
IKR? It's just silly!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
ALL of that crap is totally not necessary and some of it is borderline cruel. I mean, HOW can a dog function in one of those huge spiked collars??

I can't believe I didn't even register that collar the first time I looked, but I was too busy thinking what a shame about those poor cropped ears. That dog (third picture) has a lovely friendly face, what a pity he/she seems to be owned by a complete numpty.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 10:31 AM
......I think I'm losing the will to live.
Not so much pets or family as status symbols, these poor guys

'What if people don't realise how badass I think I am?! Best pimp my pit bull...'
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Obviously their owners have severe inferiority complexes...so much so they have to do that to their dogs to try to make up for something.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Of course, catrinsparkles. There really is no GOOD reason to put all that uncomfortable s--- on a dog, so they must be smaller in THOSE departments, or weak and can't fight etc.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I can't believe I didn't even register that collar the first time I looked, but I was too busy thinking what a shame about those poor cropped ears. That dog (third picture) has a lovely friendly face, what a pity he/she seems to be owned by a complete numpty.
In America, the crops on American Bullies (third dog) are very common. MOST American Bullies have crops. I personally don't think they are useful or necessary, but it's the way things go. Not ALL of them look as "bully" as the third dog.

In case you didn't know, American Bullies are show dogs for the most part. Thankfully they are too slow and hulking for fights or any other form of extreme cruelty.

They were "created" in the early 90s by mixing mastiffs and bulldogs with traditional American pit bull terriers. This was done supposedly to rid them of lots of their aggression yet still have a dog that could be called a pit bull.

Needless to say, they have failed miserably as these dogs often weigh into the 100 lb category and pit bulls are part of the terrier family.

They hold shows all over America for this breed only and the crops are needed to win shows etc. Conformation isn't always super important... as the champions always look nearly deformed IMO.

American Bullies suffer at the hands of people even without stupid collars and crops. Most of them are horribly proportioned, same as third dog.. and truly live short lives with poor joints, breathing problems etc.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >