Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I find the reactions of some of the dogs very worrying
On the occasions when I have accidentally trodden on one of my dogs or caught them with my foot from their reaction you would think I was one who had been hurt , I am licked and a big fuss is made of me by the 'hurt' dog . I guess it is a trust thing, my dogs know I would not hurt them .
To take one example from the video look at the dog at approx 1min 57sec, he cowers and yelps when CM kicks him either he was hurt and/or is not being kicked for the first time....
I get the very same here and I can never understand that!

Oh that ignoramous, bully!!!! He almost lifted one of those dogs up in the air, I think it was the shep?? Then that poor, poor goldie he really hurt that dog, look at the body language of it afterwards!!! It's absolutely outrageous what he does to animals, he shouldn't be allowed!!!! Same as Steph, I'd like to kick him somewhere the sun don't shine!!!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Thw bulldog sounded like he was having trouble breathing when CM "picked" (read as dragged) him up....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena
I get the very same here and I can never understand that
Helena I have thought about this before and came to the conclusion that as dogs observe every nuance of our body language they 'read' us very well and know if we are or are not likely to hurt them. It is all about trust.

Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Thw bulldog sounded like he was having trouble breathing when CM "picked" (read as dragged) him up....
..the dog was overweight too , it could have easily collapsed with shock
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I jmust admit I used to watch his shows and think how great that he can get control over some dogs in such a short time....now I know why.
And hes now doing shows in england?!!!

I hope nobody will want him to work with their dogs and he'll be snubed out .
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not defending the guy but you guys are talking about him like he outright hauled off & used the dogs as a soccer ball. All I saw is him reach back with his heel & nudge the dog. Geeze his touches wouldn't even phase my Izze wouldn't use them on Jo, she mentally couldn't handle it so I don't do it because she listens & doesn't need it.

All the dogs I have seen yelp is due to the fact that they are concentrating on something & the touch startles them, dogs yelp when they are startled, I have seen Jo yelp when she jumped into a pile of leaves one time & there was a couple of mice in there lol.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:41 PM
There`s none as blind as those who will not see........
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Sorry but many of the dogs reactions are way over the top for them to be merely startled. And those kicks really don't look hard enough to hurt in most cases so WHY the extreme over reaction to them on the dogs part? And why does he need to kick if all he wants to do is startle them?

I bet you if I walked down the street and kicked Rupert like that every time he did something I didn't like people would say something.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Sorry but many of the dogs reactions are way over the top for them to be merely startled. And those kicks really don't look hard enough to hurt in most cases so WHY the extreme over reaction to them on the dogs part? And why does he need to kick if all he wants to do is startle them?

I bet you if I walked down the street and kicked Rupert like that every time he did something I didn't like people would say something.
I agree with Sarah.

Do you know what I find more shoucking is owners standing by and allowing him to do that to their dogs WTF I'd have ripped his head off!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
I'm not defending the guy but you guys are talking about him like he outright hauled off & used the dogs as a soccer ball. All I saw is him reach back with his heel & nudge the dog. Geeze his touches wouldn't even phase my Izze wouldn't use them on Jo, she mentally couldn't handle it so I don't do it because she listens & doesn't need it.

All the dogs I have seen yelp is due to the fact that they are concentrating on something & the touch startles them, dogs yelp when they are startled, I have seen Jo yelp when she jumped into a pile of leaves one time & there was a couple of mice in there lol.
The area he targets is a sensitive area. Try putting a little pressure on your closed eyelid and see how uncomfortable it can be. Put the same pressure on your arm and you will barely feel it. That 'nudge' would 'phase' the vast majority of dogs and would hurt in most cases.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 04:02 PM
How on earth can someone defend this "persons" actions towards these dogs. Kicking or hitting any dog is unacceptable.
Page 3 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »