Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I have a degree in animal behaviour and welfare, I have also been into dog training since I was 13.

Adam
Which included just how much about learning theory, training and behaviour of the domestic dog?

What emphasis was put on development of the domestic dog?

What grade did you achieve and what was your dissertation topic (provided you passed with Hons)?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
I think he's trying to get you guys riled up, so why let him? Its clear he's not going to change his ways.
Norma I wonder what gave you that impression..
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
It's the new game on Dogsey called "Adam-baiting" All the time he's posting on here, he's not subjecting dogs to electric shocks. We're trying to keep him so busy justifying his actions, that he has no time left to actually do any harm to dogs! And believe me, he does bite ~ not all his posts are measured & polite, there are plenty of others that show his true colours & frustrations when he can't answer, & at those times he either resorts to posting links to completely unrelated videos, or he gets just as rude back.

We've no doubt that he's not going to change his ways ~ his only reason for being here is to try to promote his evil business, not because he cares one iota about dogs. Plus we want to make sure that any new members or people just lurking/browsing, don't get the impression that it's ok to use strong aversives to train dogs.

When Adam first started to post we all tried to kindly show him the error of his ways, gave him the benefit of doubt & thought perhaps he was just misguided & ignorant. But we gave that up long ago as the truth gradually emerged.

The sooner such horrible devices are banned across the whole of the UK, the better.
Also posting on here does little for Adams credibility
If I was looking for a trainer and e collar salesman I would look for someone who was at least coherent without the help of a weirdo banned from every dog site and someone who didn't contradict themselves .
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Have read Adams posts and replies,but never added my own.
Today I cant hold back,because I feel so angry.
To read about his use of E collars in basic training,makes me sick to my stomach.Why use fear and punishment when you can achieve the same results with positive training?What sort of "kick" does he get from this?Does he just want to look good,because the dogs he "trains"obey ?.
I hope any new dog owner looking for guidance on Dogsey,doesnt take his "quick fix" advice.,creating a dog or puppy who will obey,not because they want to please,or are rewarded ,or because they have actually ENJOYED learning,but because they know that the result of not obeying is a "stim"-sounds quite a mild thing ,doesnt it till you find out what it means.
Maureen
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Not that I agree with e-collars, but on American based forums I used to frequent (where the use of e-collars is commonplace & considered acceptable) NEVER once did anyone who used them consider it ok using one for TEACHING behaviours. They were always used for enforcing KNOWN commands, generally when the dog was away at a distance (when doing gundog work, etc.).
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:29 PM
If I was looking for a trainer and e collar salesman I would look for someone who was at least coherent without the help of a weirdo banned from every dog site and someone who didn't contradict themselves .
Have you ever tried to find an ecollar trainer? They all seem to be in denial about the collar causing pain. I had an in depth discussion with one and given Rupe's history they said it would take a high stim to over ride his learned behaviour but apparently this wouldn't hurt him.
Meg
Supervisor

16-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Have read Adams posts and replies,but never added my own.
Today I cant hold back,because I feel so angry.
To read about his use of E collars in basic training,makes me sick to my stomach.Why use fear and punishment when you can achieve the same results with positive training?What sort of "kick" does he get from this?Does he just want to look good,because the dogs he "trains"obey ?.
I hope any new dog owner looking for guidance on Dogsey,doesnt take his "quick fix" advice.,creating a dog or puppy who will obey,not because they want to please,or are rewarded ,or because they have actually ENJOYED learning,but because they know that the result of not obeying is a "stim"-sounds quite a mild thing ,doesnt it till you find out what it means.
Maureen
Don't worry Maureen Adam has had his wings clipped on Dogsey. I think that may be one reason he is still here isn't it Adam, you are no match for the many genuine dog trainers on here and feel angry and embarrassed that they have exposed you many failings .

We have seem the cruel and belligerent come and go on Dogsey many times, Adam is one to add to the bottom of the list.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Have you ever tried to find an ecollar trainer? They all seem to be in denial about the collar causing pain. I had an in depth discussion with one and given Rupe's history they said it would take a high stim to over ride his learned behaviour but apparently this wouldn't hurt him.
Because its true!

http://www.youtube.com/user/panzerto...45/Q5T7Lh6X1Ww

Note dog being stimmed at 100 multiple times in the video.

Adam
Meg
Supervisor

16-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Sarah that is like asking me if I had ever tried to find a wife/child beater who instills fear and takes out their own inadequacies on something or someone unable to defend themselves.
Being on Dogsey has certainly taught me they are a group of individuals to avoid and not just because of their training methods.
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Not that I agree with e-collars, but on American based forums I used to frequent (where the use of e-collars is commonplace & considered acceptable) NEVER once did anyone who used them consider it ok using one for TEACHING behaviours. They were always used for enforcing KNOWN commands, generally when the dog was away at a distance (when doing gundog work, etc.).

That is actually what i was expecting Adam to say. Im how naive of me
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Seeing as I can't start threads on e collars I will ask a question on here.

For the past 10 or 20 years reward based methods have taken off, both in this country and abroad.
Many of the big organisations only advocate reward based and the doggy press is full of it.

Why then are sales of e collars going up 30% year on year?

Why are prong collars becoming increasingly popular?

If reward based is so good and you don't need anything else how come averisve seems to be the new thing?

Adam
Page 4 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »