Female 

16-02-2011, 01:23 PM
So simply based on this we can all agree:
1.Adam does not understand how dogs learn
2.Adam does not care how much discomfort or pain he causes
3. His own dogs have been taught through sheer bullying
4. He does not understand any other way to teach his dogs without fear
5. He clearly has no empathy with other creatures
6. He feels an e collar is quicker/easier purely because he does not understand other ways he professes that he uses treats etc... But i have yet to hear him explaining exactly how.

Adam you should be ashamed. I feel ashamed to belong to the same species as you. I really would love to the"bump" into you one day
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
So simply based on this we can all agree:
1.Adam does not understand how dogs learn
2.Adam does not care how much discomfort or pain he causes
3. His own dogs have been taught through sheer bullying
4. He does not understand any other way to teach his dogs without fear
5. He clearly has no empathy with other creatures
6. He feels an e collar is quicker/easier purely because he does not understand other ways he professes that he uses treats etc... But i have yet to hear him explaining exactly how.

Adam you should be ashamed. I feel ashamed to belong to the same species as you. I really would love to the"bump" into you one day
DP I don't think you quite get the picture,
Adam really hasn't got a lot of interest in various training methods . He joined this and a number of other forums to promote himself and the use of e collars to the gullible looking for a quick fix. I am reliably informed that he stated this intention elsewhere but expressed a doubt in his own ability to debate, however a well known troll provided him with words, videos and even a link to a outdated forum which Adam posted evidently without looking to see what it was.

Adam , you know you will never change the opinions of reward based trainers and you efforts at soliciting client were curtailed. I guess you are still here in the hope of giving a higher profile to e collars.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I have used purely positive methods in the past.

I have also used other types of aversive (than e collars ect)

So far I have found no technique rivals e collar for positive benifits to dog and owner.

I have a degree in animal behaviour and welfare, I have also been into dog training since I was 13.

Adam
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I can almost understand why people think there is a need for such devices when trying to put and END to dangerous behaviour. But to use it to teach is beyond me. I don't believe a word you say about understanding animal behaviour, i think its all a pack of lies. You DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Do you actually run a business? if so Whats it called? how do you attract custom?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I have used purely positive methods in the past.

I have also used other types of aversive (than e collars ect)

So far I have found no technique rivals e collar for positive benifits to dog and owner.

I have a degree in animal behaviour and welfare, I have also been into dog training since I was 13.

Adam
... Adam, you are in danger of exploding due to an over inflated sense of your own abilities..
...stand clear everyone .
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I think he's trying to get you guys riled up, so why let him? Its clear he's not going to change his ways.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dawes Paws View Post
Do you actually run a business? if so Whats it called? how do you attract custom?
Word of mouth mostly.

Adam
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Are you going to answer the other two questions? what is your business called and is it genuine?
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
I think he's trying to get you guys riled up, so why let him? Its clear he's not going to change his ways.
It's the new game on Dogsey called "Adam-baiting" All the time he's posting on here, he's not subjecting dogs to electric shocks. We're trying to keep him so busy justifying his actions, that he has no time left to actually do any harm to dogs! And believe me, he does bite ~ not all his posts are measured & polite, there are plenty of others that show his true colours & frustrations when he can't answer, & at those times he either resorts to posting links to completely unrelated videos, or he gets just as rude back.

We've no doubt that he's not going to change his ways ~ his only reason for being here is to try to promote his evil business, not because he cares one iota about dogs. Plus we want to make sure that any new members or people just lurking/browsing, don't get the impression that it's ok to use strong aversives to train dogs.

When Adam first started to post we all tried to kindly show him the error of his ways, gave him the benefit of doubt & thought perhaps he was just misguided & ignorant. But we gave that up long ago as the truth gradually emerged.

The sooner such horrible devices are banned across the whole of the UK, the better.
Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »