Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 03:04 AM

Sleep Tight Woody :-( March 2007-December 2010

Woody was my silver fawn hooded rat, and he was a little star.
He was a pet shop rat, unwanted by his first owners at a year old, and due to be 'released into the wild'
My sister rescued Woody and his brother Oscar, and poor Woody was a mess, he didn't know how to interact with other rats, he was terrified of people, bullied badly by his brother and thin and small because of that.

After neutering and 6 months of trying to give Woody some girlfriends, my sister found herself looking for other options for him. Last September I agreed to try Woody in one of my groups.
He fell right in with my oldies at that time, and over the months, learned how to interact with other ratties again.

Sadly, two months ago, Woody's last cagemate died at the grand age of 3, and I couldn't see how I was going to get this old boy happy in new company.

I took him off to a friend's and we tried him with various ratties, my poor boy went back to shutting down and freezing for up to half hour with the stress of having to interact with new rats ... and then we tried Tia and some kittens ... and within 5 minutes, he was cuddling and washing them.

My little man has had a lot of hard times in his life, but I like to think his life turned around when he was rescued and he has enjoyed his life for the last year.

I was so glad he took to the kittens and Tia so well, he has left a legacy with these baby boys, who loved Woody, and were never apart from him. One rescue baby in particular was very nervous when I got him 6 weeks ago, and Woody is the boy that taught him to trust me.

Mr Woody has left a big pawprint on my heart and not seeing him rushing out for a choccy every time I open the cage is a horrible shock every time.

I hope he is having a brilliant romp up there at the bridge, and has found his girlfriend Dot who passed away just a few months ago.

You are sorely missed my baby boy, and will always be remembered with love xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear you have lost dear Woody

Scamper free, boy...... much loved, and very missed xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I am sorry about Woody.

What a lovely life he had after you found him.

Run free Woody.
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Thank you.

It never gets easier and you're never prepared even though he defied all odds and was my longest lived rat to date
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
Thank you.

It never gets easier and you're never prepared even though he defied all odds and was my longest lived rat to date
Was just going to say that was a good age for a rat. No matter how long we had them it wouldn't be long enough though{{{hugs}}}.

Sounds like he had a wonderful life with you though. Have fun at the Bridge Woody.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:30 AM
So sorry, he did amazingly well though---obviously he was meant to be there for the others.

He'll be up there with unlimited chocolate now!

rune
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry for your loss. Run Free Woody, scamper about at Rainbow Bridge sweetheart xxxxxx
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you.

I think Woody was very much still here for a reason. He was an incredibly special rat and what he gave me is far beyond what I gave him.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, he sounded super!

R.I.P darling Woody, scamper free at the Bridge xxx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Rats are such a heartbreak, personalities as big as a house but tiny lifespans, they burn so brightly to cram in allthat life... Go find monty my boy at the bridge woody he was always a clown with new ratties and I never met a rat he couldn't get on with, he'll show you around...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >