View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:09 PM

I've just been attacked by a Staffie!!!!

17kgs of gorgeous brindle has just come charging full speed into my shin!!

I'm joking about it but I actually can't move my leg! It's swollen up and really bruised. I have it elevated with ice on it

She was a lovely little thing though. Had a great game of kiss chase with Woody. She kept shoving her bum at him but all he wanted to do was run and wrestle with her.

So nice that he's off lead again bless him, although he has a little blood from the dew claw wound. I've bathed it with salt water and will see how it is in the morning. It doesn't look too bad but want to be careful of infection.

Oh, my poor leg
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I feel for you! My GRT used to do that to me as a puppy, as soon as I turned my back she used to run at me full pelt and would literally knock me off my feet, many a time I have found my face in the dirt and on my back in agony. Luckily she has grown out of that one - I still keep an eye on her though. Put your leg up and a cold compress on it - poor you!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I've just been brought a large Rioja (to numb the pain of course, medicinal!! ;o)

It really is bloody sore ;o(
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I've just been brought a large Rioja (to numb the pain of course, medicinal!! ;o)

It really is bloody sore ;o(

Poor you, hope it soon feels better.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:32 PM
OMG, I thought you had been attacked on reading your title! Glad you're ok and Woody and she had such a great time xxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:35 PM
he he i bet he had a blast with his new mate ,dylan pulled his dew claw out earlyer ,well actually ,it was hanging off ,and ,we took him for a run ,thinking ,it maywell fall out ,and it did ,so i did the same bathed it in salt ,water ,it looks ok now .will grow back no doubt .there a nightmare hope your leg feels beter tomorrow
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I can sympathise with you, have had concrete heads hit my legs many times, but Bruno almost broke my nose with his head a few years ago in his exuberance and delight of me walkign up the stairs to greet him !!!
hope your bruises go down soon !!!
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Ouch - they really can pack a punch un-intentionally! I looked after a HUGE staffie with sticky up ears for a year while my friends went travelling & he regularly floored me with the logs he picked up & whacked me behind the knees....the icing on the cake once was him dropping the log on my back when I was trying to get up. Gotta love it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
OMG, I thought you had been attacked on reading your title! Glad you're ok and Woody and she had such a great time xxx
Yes, me too, but so glad it's just your mischevious nature and I do hope you leg gets better quickly, that Rioja should help, if it doesn't take another one immediately
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 08:25 PM
You had me going there Pidge, thought you'd been savagely mauled or something...........

In future play with little dogs, they don't pack such a punch You might break your ankle tripping over them though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >