register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 > Last »
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I think he's absolutely fab. Always have done. Not going to debate about it, as have done that before and, like C & D said, it does always end in tears.

Just my opinion but I think he's the best!!!!!!!!! Hooray for Cesar
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Well I'm only just getting hooked and I think he's good from what I've seen so far, only about 6 shows though, and I always think to myself when I watch him, oh I do that too! If anything though, he seriously needs to consider sueing that dentist of his!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 12:58 PM
havnt watched one in a while i'll have a look and let you know!!
Ithink its on sky three at 6ish(or well it used to be)
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I've not seen much of him lately as I could not stomach it any more. What channel is this latest stuff on then?

Wys
x
Ive been wtching on Sky 3. You all know how "anti" i am, but i do thinking hes getting better & reading the dogs better
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Mish perhaps you caught him on a good day when he was curbing his extreme tendencies , or maybe he has been reading Dogsey and has picked up a few tips
Lol maybe! ive ben watching over the last month, & ive taken till now to post as ive been thinking about it.

Stil uses that "tsst" too much & is into this "calm" mantra, -being his own idea , but he dosent seem to be stringing the dogs up so much
Gizmoli626
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I haven't voted, sorry! I actually like him, i think it is nice to see someone proving that it is the owners who need training more so than the dogs! It's nice to see him trying to teach people how the dogs feel and their perspective on things.
I love his impressions ... can't really say he is up his own bum all the time when he doesn't mind making himself look like an idiot to get his point over. I love his facial expressions everytime when someone who has an overactive dog turns around and says "erm .... well i don't actually walk my dog, isn't the back garden enough?" OMG PEOPLE GET A GRIP .. poor dogs!!! :P x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Ive been wtching on Sky 3. You all know how "anti" i am, but i do thinking hes getting better & reading the dogs better

Thanks, we are in the dark ages though with no Sky just now only Freeview, but maybe another time!

Interesting you say he may be improving his methods. I wonder why that may be..?

He's had a bit of slating recently from
one particular US news station/reporter as making time bombs.

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/3...?video=pop&t=a

Shows CM trying to dominate an aggressive dog with a shock collar who redirects and bites his owner. Gawd.

I think the tide may be turning a bit - maybe he's been told, or else is trying to learn, more about how other professionals work with dogs. After all Victoria Stilwell changed her methods a fair bit from her first to her latest series.

Wys
x
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Oooohhhh!!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:43 PM
I first started watching it when we first got our puppy - thought there would be lots to learn - I suppose there was & I thought he was great - I quickly got bored though as every dog is cured with a quick "Tsss" & a nudge!
(I still sky+ it though & watch when nothing else to do!!)
I prefer watching Dig Borstal which really shows you the ins & outs.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2009, 03:55 PM
No I still think he's a tool x
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 84 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 > Last »