View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Here is another update from Cassie's foster mum known as Secret Squirrel on our forum:

Cassies out for the count, long walk. Will update later, here are some photos

The Mom liked Cassie, the children slowly introduced.
I had permission to add to website and forum

owner bought ex pound dog only rescued 4 weeks ago, never had contact with any other dogs till Cassie

This lady had treats and a very snappy terrier, Cassie well behaved

Peek a boo

Auntie Sue very impressed, Cassie never even begged when eating our sarnies

Aint I a beaut

This man made a real fuss of me, apparantly the collie does not like Squirrels and chases them.

Was I brave
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Another update from her fosterer:

I'm so proud of Cassie see for yourself

Cassie Lizzie (Lola) and John

We have just walked over a mile and John took Cassie, within 15 minutes side by side and at our pace. He is very impressed with Cassie and how bright she is. Lizzie was a rescue dog and has been with John 7 months. John is going to walk with me and Cassie next week.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
It's official ... Cassie's fosterer for the week is truly mental! I had to share the following update with you. Am sure there will be some further nutty updates to follow. Joking aside, this fosterers dream to is find Cassie her forever home:

Look at me I'm 'Going Places'

Safari next

Come on Uncle Eddie lets place a bet that my forever home is a Winner

Its a New Look for Cassie

Watch out watch out Squirrels about

I love Mr Whippy well I am on holiday Emma

Dish of the day !

Autograph hunters - worn out

Phone home Phone home not likely too busy

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Another update from Cassie's fosterer:

Saturday night at 10.30, Cassie went to bed only one march up and down the stairs then settled straight away. At 12 fireworks outside which woke me, Cassie never murmured. This morning I woke her at 7.15 for a wee, she is one of the cleanest dogs I have ever had. Cassie’s energy is high in the morning so she needs walking first thing. I feed Cassie outside on the extension lead, she seems to have forgot about the cats for the time being.

Cassie’s country walkabout in Dovedale in Derbyshire
Walking, swimming and loads of snuggles from Staffie fans. We met lots of dogs today all breeds and sizes at Dovedale. Cassie was well behaved and enjoyed the day out. We walked about 4 miles and still she had energy to carry on. She loved the water and strode over the stepping stones with ease. Cassie observes everything; we passed cows & sheep. I have to say that fostering Cassie has opened up my eyes to Staffies and people.

Our most embarrassing moment was when a man and his Yorkshire terrier passed us with the Yorkie held above his head. ops:

Just having a breather

Cassie met a lot of dogs today

Staffie Fans!

Nice 'Crocs'! This lady fell in love with me

Cassie so keen she nearly dragged Eddie in!

Look at me on the 'Stepping Stones'!

The 'Baywatch Babes'!

Home Squizz, home ...

Tomorrow we are road walking with John and Lizzie.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
A few more photos from Cassie’s fosterer:

Auntie Sandra is a cat lover ops: now a Staffie supporter

[url=http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/575904/CASSIE43.jpg][/url
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Heres some new photos of Cassie

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Cassie is still looking for a foster or forever home. Her updated ad is below:

Cassie, Staffie x, 1-2 years old

Her Story: Found stray in early Dec and taken to a Staffie prejudiced pound. A group clubbed together to funded her release saving her life. The other 2 Staffies in the pound weren't so lucky.

Salient points: Young and vibrant. Needs active life with training and occupation. Good natured. Meets dogs well. Secure garden and regime. Not for cats or small furries.

Advert: Cassie is a beautiful Staffie cross. She has this long white sock which looks so different, as though she has come out in a rush and forgot to put the other on (perhaps she did). Cassie has abundance of personality and will have your extended family talking...can't wait to meet her. Older children would be in awe of her energy and "whow personality"..what a family dog. Oh see the smiles on visiting children's faces as they jump out of the car running towards the house "where's Cassie, where's Cassie!" Her fame travels as she has some magic about her - as a therapy dog she will put people at their ease and gives them a sense of positivity and enthusiasm. She is a "no nonsense"/ "happy to see you, lets have fun"- dog. She doesn't have reactions to dogs and with the right dog would enjoy the companionship. Cassie is spayed, vax'd and chipped. Not for cats or small furries - far too interesting.

Cassie is a well proportioned dog in good health. She is intelligent and ready to learn what is to be excepted of her. She'll soon be offering you her paw and doing your washing up! Cassie needs occupation and an active life style. She has a special need a very secure garden as lurchers do so at least 6 ft pannel fencing ideally with a curved in fringe on top as she has a high prey drive. Cassie also is ready devote herself to a strong minded and kind owner who will lead her, focus her and truly admire her many, many gifts. She will stay by your side for the rest of her life as that admired dog, who out-shines all other contestants! Cassie has been homed for several months, but comes back to us before Christmas.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-12-2009, 09:49 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"Cassie was my first walk this morning - just to make sure I had enough energy for her!

You always get a fantastic welcome from Cassie - as soon as she sees you coming her face lights up and she bounces non-stop until you get to her kennel.

We ran around the paddock together for a while before going out, just to burn off a bit of her energy and then we were off! Her tail didn't stop wagging all the time we were out. We met a few dogs and she was brilliant with all of them. On our walk yesterday, we met a border collie on a lead and it had a go at her - she behaved immaculately.

Cassie has really taken to my mum and I have to confess to being a bit jealous ops: Every time I called her back, she went back to my mum and sat down without being asked!

She was strong on the lead, but more manageable than the last 2 walks. We didn't see any squirrels, but she's got one eye open for them all the time.

I think between an hour and a half and two hours is the length of walk she's happy with - when we got back to her kennel, she went straight in without any problem.

I'm jealous!

One more photo of the lovely Cassie

Cassie is looking for a foster or forever home!

Love her Mrs Cotton Socks!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Cassie gave us all a heart stopping moment yesterday. Sam set off to take her for a good, long walk and we decided it would be best to use her harness. Shortly after they set off, the fabric holding the D ring gave and Cassie was running free in the woods!

She had no intention of coming back, but Sam did notice that rather than disappearing, Cassie was actually just running in circles, keeping Sam in her sight. So Sam decided to move up a narrow path to the top of the hill. Eventually Cassie's circles got smaller and smaller and she ended up on the narrow path and Sam was able to get a loop around her.

She got a ticking off and performed heel work to competition standard all the way back! She went into her kennel like a good girl and Sam got lots of licks as an apology.

Cassie wasn't as frantic to get out for her walk today - now we know why! She was definitely easier on the lead too. She walked for quite a long time with Willow, the nutty retriever who constantly licks Cassie's face. Cassie doesn't seem to mind at all and meets all dogs and people very nicely.

Oh my doesn't she look cute in her coat and RR kerchief!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 07:02 AM
I can't believe this beautiful girl is still looking for her forever home......

x0x to you Cassie - I hope it's not long now.....
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »