Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NESSR
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:29 PM

Daisy - The evil men do

A NESSR Foster Carer in the South West has just rescued this girl today. She will be looking for a home when she is ready but not right now.

Well this afternoon I rescued a little girl from a pound as the warden was worried for her safety. she was picked up stray a week ago in a terrible state, she had red raw skin and little fur, a serious ear infection and it was clear that she'd had pups recently. She is skinny but has a round tum from the pups and possibly worms.

They believe she was stolen some time ago as she was picked up from near a travellers site where stolen dogs have been found. She is not chipped or tattooed and despite nationwide pleas no owner has come forward.

I got the call this morning, 7 days up so rather than hand her over to any organisation that may put her down they asked if and when I could take her ... "I am on my way" I said.

All I can say is i was near to tears when I first saw her. I trully believe she was once someones loving pet/ working dog. She is obviously a gentle girl, BUT she has been very mistreated and neglected. She is terrified and is even worse with men.

I have bathed her (she stank) and she has a doggy coat and blanket wrapping her up as she really and trully has very little fur.

This girl has been through alot and is not going to be available for rehoming until she is fitter and her needs have been assessed. She is on antibiotics for her skin condition which is not contagious but is serious as is her ear infection. She will probably need more. She is returning to the vets on friday where further assessments can be made, she is going to need to be speyed and she is going to need time to recover from her ordeal.

I can't begin to explain how much this girl has touched my heart already because as I bathed her an put her in my arms to carry her downstairs I felt her little tail wagg I think for the first time in a long time she feels warm and safe. If I sit on the floor she climbs into my arms for a cuddle

HERE ARE HER PICS

Warm and cosy

The pound named her daisy and she is belived to be between 4 and 6 years old.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 09:32 PM
So sad...she has such a loving face
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:33 PM
OMG the poor girl, what torment she must of suffered, stolen from those she loved.

She is lucky to have been saved by you, it brought a lump to my throat reading the last bit where she wagged her tail,her face on that last picture shows a trust in you already, well done for such a good deed.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:34 PM
she is beautiful depite her problems.
I hope she finds a loving new home when she is ready adn well done you for showing her we are not all like those people.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Aww poor poor girl, at least she has a future now though.

Good luck in finding her the home she deserves.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Poor wee girl - she has such a trusting face - bless her - hope her fortune changes for the better now
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 09:55 PM
God love her, the little darling. She can only go forward now. It always surprises me how quickly they improve though once they have a bit of good food, warmth and TLC.
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh, she is absolutely beautiful. So sad that her original owners didn't come forward. Maybe they just weren't looking in the right place. So glad she is with you now and can move on.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 10:57 PM
She has touched my heart too, keep up the brilliant work and please keep us posted on her progress x
Devonbunny
New Member!
Female 

01-11-2006, 08:23 AM
She is absolutely gorgeous, but what a sorry tale to tell. I do hope she finds the best of homes for such a special dog.

Jules
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »