Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wiccaweys
Unfortunately at the moment it is too infected, we have antibiotic gel to be squeezed into the open wound and oral antibiotics. Because the weather is so warm infection spreads so quickly and would just resplit the wound if it was sewn now, the only thing we can do is try and clear the infection and then get him further treatment.

Because he came from a Welsh pound we have no history on him at all other than what they told us about him having a cyst so it is all guess work.

Apparently if you look at him he comes over for a fuss which you cant give at the moment because of the location of the wounds and it is soooo sad.

He looks even more of a mess now the hair has been cut away bless him but I will spare you those photos.

i will keep you updated on his progress and hope to have good news for you.
I hope he has a speedy recovery, poor man.
I'm guessing it will be a few weeks before he's ready for a home, so can someone reserve him?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 02:47 PM
poor lad
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:00 PM
aww that poor poor baby how sore does his wounds look i hope they heal quickly for him poor baby
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:42 PM
We are not able to reserve this chap as we work on a first come basis (dogs have been let down previously when reserved) Although he is not looking for a while I will keep everyone updated on his progress and when he is ready, anyone who thinks they might be the right home for him can give us a call.

He is still being a lovely brave boy, very wiggly when it comes to washing out the wound and applying his meds but thats only cos he is being a typical 3 month old boy. I only saw the wound for myself yesterday and although I was prepared I was still shocked at how nasty it was. We have had lovely cuddles together (which is hard because of where he is sore) and the saddest thing is that he is desperate to get outside for a walk but he can't even wear a harness yet, that is probably going to have to wait till he is stitched up.

Bless him, lots of ball games in the kitchen till then.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:44 PM
aww bless him please give him extra loads of cuddles from me and my boys
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Poor lad I hope he heals quickly and gets the home he so badly deserves!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:49 PM
His wounds look very like the ones a rescue GSD bitch I took from an abusive home had after the vet cut her choker out from under her skin & coat.There was so much dead tissue he couldn't get the healthy stuff to cover the wound & stitch it together. She did make a full recovery & went to a wonderful home with another older GSD.

She was near starvation when I"liberated"her & she too had a wonderful temperament.

I would gladly throttle the b**t**ds that allowed dog to get in such states
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh what a poor little boy

I hope you have luck with getting the wounds to heal...
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Poor boy - good wishes from us all here
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 01:09 PM
poor little fella, sending healing wishes x
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >