Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox
SNAP!!!!! I also have just returfed my lawn :smt043 :smt043 dont know why i have bothered, what with 1 dog and 1 bitch , it is beginning to look no different than it did before we laid it, :smt017

I have heard of something called "Lawn Rescue" which you put onto the burnt patches, surpposed to make it grow back quickly, will have to get some and try it. Other than that i think like everyone says water is the best option.

It is`nt only the lawn that gets destroyed , i am on my second washing line ( the ones that stick in the ground and swing around) Bandit likes to pee on that, and his wee corrodes the metal, i can see it bending already, so i think its time for a new one.

DOGS!!!!!!! who`d ave em........ WE WOULD
paint the bottom foot or so in hammerite ! tyson pees on an old metal gate post and the hammerite is working a treat
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:10 PM
try using a pee post if you havent already . tyson never uses his but it is supposed to work . getting them to pee in 1 spot could help save your lawn
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 10:36 PM
yes the pee post was very tasty = Bruno chewed it !! and still insisted on peeing about 10 feet away from it AARRGGHHH
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I had this same problem (seems to happen more in winter!) so my sister sent me up some stuff called "Lawn Rescue" which seems to be preventing the grass from dying. Apparently, it was known originally as "Stain Stop".

It comes in a 500ml pump-action spray bottle, at approx.£3.99 (a bit expensive, IMO). My sis bought it in Aberdeen, from a shop called "Pet's Pantry" (tel. 01224 640626) and it is made in Dumfries-shire, Scotland.

There is a website (haven't gone all the way through it yet, though):
Dogwee remover peeps

So far, I haven't come up with a way to make it operable by the dog itself, which would be preferable to going out in the horizontal rain and hoping for the best!

Snorri
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I always keep a box of grass seed to fix the burnt spots in my lawn.An old wives tail was to mix tomato juice with the dogs food as this is supposed to neutralise the acid in the urine,but found it didnt work.

Other than that-flushing the area with water will stop it,but needs to be done immediately afterwards.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-09-2005, 06:12 PM
When my previous dog was on steroids last year, she used to drink loads and pee loads, so there were huge patches of soil where the lawn should have been

It's the urea in the urine which acts as the defoliant. If diluted well enough, it becomes a nitrogenous fertiliser. It's getting to it before the sun scorches it.

The dog might become paranoid if you keep watering down his scent trail
cliffrbrts
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-09-2005, 07:08 PM
cripes ive been pulling my hair out for months about this subject.
bill has totally destroyed my grass, all over. theres more mud than grass now.

im not a great gardener either so this conundrum is destroying my will to even look out the window!!!!!!!, i think my grass is beyond repair now so will have to re turf and chuck water every where on a regular basis. i was told that a piece of pear in the food would nuetralise the amonia unfortunately i cant vouch for that as bill decided he wasnt a fruit bat and refused it point blank, (what can you do??). also because i have overhanging trees at the end of my garden it doesnt get much sun dont know if that makes a difference either way.... pesky dawgs!!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3