Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Rhona, Cross breed, DOB 27/9/08

Rhona, Cross breed, DOB 27/9/08

Her Story: Rona was surrendered into Battersea as an 8 month old pup. We took her on as a mature young lady who had learnt to accept kennel life, but was hoping for much more. Short term foster Dec 09 with another dog and cats.

Salient points: Young cross breed, elegant, medium size dog. Lurcher type frame, but thankfully without the chase..she is in fact off lead; confidence improving with dogs inside and out....and cat friendly.

Advert: Rhona is so lovely. Yes really lovely. Everyone who meets her finds an emergent smile appearing on their face. She has proved herself to be a very versatile dog in Battersea and since coming into our rescue she is picking up more merit badges with each passing day. Her foster brother taught her to 'chill' which she found a different experience to the 'chill' she had come to know in winter kennels. She has also learnt to play and to be more confident around dogs and people generally. In fact she is fostered with cats and teenagers

Rhona has matured in kennels so her foster placement has allowed her to catch up on missing experiences and bring it all together. She made such wonderful advances in just a week and will make the most wonderful pet. In fact what else could you ask for in a dog? She offers everything. Yes she still is learning to respect living in a house again and has had the bin over a few times! She busted out of her crate when left intially, but proved 'hey you can trust me you truly can'. A few incidences will happen with any dog settling in but Rhona is almost there...where is there?... in with her own lucky family!

Beanz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Awh shes lovely. Hope she gets her forever home very soon
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2009, 07:20 AM
What a beautiful girl....

Hope she finds a brilliant forever home really soon

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Bless her little heart, I also hope she finds a forever home very soon xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
An update from Rhona’s Christmas fosterer:

“As our time draws to a close with this lovely girl, I feel there will be quite a few of us who will miss her, Cooper included. She has proved herself in so many ways and now needs her own family to carry on the progress she has made. I have a couple of pictures of Rhona with one of our cats, enjoying sharing Cooper's bed and cuddling up with my daughter who is absolutely smitten with the darling Rhona. My daughter has also noticed that one of Rhona's markings on her back is in the shape of a heart, this is so perfect for the ever so loving Rhona”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-01-2010, 09:20 PM
An update from one of our kindly volunteer kennel walkers:

"Rhona had a walk with her new fella Bruno today. She was very excited in the kennel but understood the command to sit to have her lead/harness put on and was totally unperturbed by the other dogs in the kennels on her way out to start the walk or the cats sunning themselves along the path!

Rhona and Bruno walked together perfectly well and didn't pay much attention to each other. Neither batted an eyelid when we walked through the field of horses and discovered one of them had broken loose of it's tether and had decided to follow us!

Rhona was not concerned by the traffic when we walked along from the kennels to the footpath either and sat beautifully and took treats extremely gently.

On returning to the kennels she settled in to her bed with a chew without any drama. What a lovely dog all round"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Cathy walked Rhona today and said that if she could have sneaked her out of the kennel she would have! She might have had to fight me for her!

She was so easy to walk, very responsive and she actively seeks a cuddle from anyone and at every opportunity ... how could I refuse her ... Rhona & I ...

em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Aww she's beautiful and sounds lovely. Hope she finds her forever home soon!

Can I add, I'm smitten with her markings on her right ear, adorable!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-02-2010, 07:36 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Lovely Rhona came out with us on Friday for a long walk round the fields, negotiating the puddles and mud and even finding us drier routes to walk!

She's very interested in the horses - one of the them didn't help by staring at her the entire circuit of the field. She needs a bit of reassurance, but is so friendly, loves people and is well behaved. A really interesting character, she switches between demanding cuddles and wanting to get walking again - kind of independent and wanting companionship at the same time.

Once again we did have the "I'm quiet, honest..." changing to "Haha, I can jump really high!" once we got in the kennel, but we're used to that now. Drop everything on the floor, stand still and she soon sits quietly! Easier to get back in this time too. Rhona's great fun”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Delighted to report that Rhona has gone into foster with Frank & Lorraine:

Rhona, Frank and Blue

The order of this photo goes..Blue! Lorrainne; Rhona and ?Frank he definitely is in there somewhere!

Rhona is still looking for her forever home!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >