View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Well hello there terrier fans...(and I know you are out there somewhere...). I just thought I would do a quick update to let you know that I am fine - you've probably been missing me but I've had a lot of unpacking to do! Anyway it's quite good here because I am really warm and comfy and these dodo humans have at last understood that what I like MOST in the world is to play fetch with a squeaky ball.

Here are some photos of me looking adorable (oh yes, I am VERY modest), but dont be fooled - I am a terrier after all!

Buddy is still looking for his forever home!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Awwww Buddy keep being modest....your handsome and we here wish you all the luck in the world to get your Forever home ....lots of love the Gang
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
An update from Buddy's fosterer:

"The more time I spend with Buddy the more wonderful he seems - a true terrier with all the characteristics that terrier lovers look for. He is loyal and loving, fun and entertaining, brave and tenacious.....and with that tell tale terrier anarchic streak that can be infuriating and frustrating, but is ultimately what makes a terrier a terrier!!

Buddy is living - albeit separated by a gate - with 3 dogs. This doesnt stress him and he is used to their presence, can see them, smell them, watch them - but he cannot mingle with them in the house as he becomes hostile towards them. On walks he trots along happily with them close by - he is a joy to walk - my own (obstreperous) Jack Russell and Buddy will walk side by side with no cross words at all. But other dogs, off lead that come within 'his' space will be sent packing. But he can walk very harmoniously with dogs he knows. He seems to take reassurance from walking on a short lead rather than an extender - never pulls but walks happily at your heel.

His recall is good and in safe areas he will happily play fetch as long as you arm can bear it! He is playful, cheeky, loves to be stroked and once you have his trust he is easy to handle and very responsive.

Buddy is fabulous in the house! He doesnt bark or yap - not even at the postman or when the other dogs are going ballistic. He doesnt beg for food, is clean and undemanding. He can be safely left for reasonable periods and will play with his toys and snooze till your return.

From being hesitant on walks he now loves his rambles and has quickly fallen in to the routine here. He travels well in the car - very quiet and happy to look out of the window. He has met horses and cows without turning a hair.

This gorgeous little man is all terrier with all that that entails - he would love to be your trusted companion and he will be loyal to you for life. Much as we love him, this is not the right environment for him with unpredictable children etc so with great sadness he will be returning to kennels. We will miss him very much".

Some pictures from Buddy's walk this morning -

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
oh he is gorgeous! i hope he finds his forever home soon xx
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Is Buddy at the Newbury Dogs Trust?

My nephew is looking for a JRT and Buddy would be fine for him the only thing is I will have him some of the time occassionaly and I don't think Buddy gets on with other dogs very well from what I've read. Would my very laid back, loves all dogs mini Schnauzer be at risk?

The Newbury Dogs Trust is very near us if that is him that's there and if it is him I'll tell my nephew about him.

My nephew works for himself outdoors so will take the dog to work with him, otherwise I'll be having him with my Asti.

At this stage just interested to know if he is at the Newbury branch thanks.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm a 100% sure that is the Buddy at the Newbury centre. I've just been reading up about him on there and he looks a lovely little dog but he doesn't get on well with other dogs which will probably make it difficult for my nephew and myself. It's such a shame as he would have been perfect and would have had a wonderful life with my nephew. I'll still tell him about Buddy all the same.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Another update from Buddy's fosterer:

"Buddy had another lovely walk this afternoon in the sun and was SO well behaved. He attracts attention wherever we go - and for all the right reasons! My dogs were off lead and dashing about, often whizzing up from behind him and he never flinched. Grumpy old Rigsby (it is his 14th birthday today!) trotted alongside him and they just rub along together very amicably. Sadly no pictures of the walk, but these are some from earlier in the garden (please excuse the background!!)".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
I'm a 100% sure that is the Buddy at the Newbury centre. I've just been reading up about him on there and he looks a lovely little dog but he doesn't get on well with other dogs which will probably make it difficult for my nephew and myself. It's such a shame as he would have been perfect and would have had a wonderful life with my nephew. I'll still tell him about Buddy all the same.
I am sorry, you are completely wrong. Buddy is a Rescue Remedies Dog and nothing to do with the Newbury Dogs Trust. He is currently in a foster home in Windlesham, Berks. His ad, background and characterists are below:

His Story: Buddy grew up in a tweeny family, but they were busy and following a separation it was clear Buddy had his own needs.

Salient points: Buddy needs confidence behind him and sensitivity to his terrier makeup. He needs to build trust before you get too up close and comfortable with him. A terrier experienced person knows the terrier picks up on our vibes and relaxes according to our reassuring aire? Nippy can be, but a rariety; absent in trusted situations.

Advert: Buddy has the most wondrous colouring with a broken to wire coat..so a head turner. Born in July 04. He has found himself in rescue due to a marriage break up, but also having had owners who weren't confident around terriers generally so tended to keep him away from situations where his terrier ways came to the fore i.e. visitors. His enthusiasm in meeting certain dogs was a concern, but certainly in our care Buddy has gone from strength to strength with people that 'get him'. He meets dogs well though may occassionally grumble under his breath. But yes Buddy is of the ilk where grumpy old man might be laid on his shoulders as his fur greys.

Terriers; you love their character and work with it or shy away. We are delighted to have this little man with us, but sooo wish more for him. Terrier people have a sense of humour and lack "the blame consciousness"..lots of forgiveness and analysis goes along the lines of 'OK so you don't like that my lad, we'll manage it a slightly different way next time..come on lets have a walk!' So Buddy is looking for an owner that doesn't take his serious character too seriously. An owner that lightens him up, understands Buddy so wants to have fun; so wants to love and trust, but is a little wary until the signs are clear..no worries lets play!

Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry about that It's really odd as there is a JRT called Buddy looking for a home at Newbury's Dog Trust and I automatically thought it was him.

Buddy looks adorable, I hope he finds his forever home soon.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh he is beautiful! Good luck lad xxxxxx
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >