Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Marie, Red Staffie, 3-4 years old

Marie, Red Staffie, 3-4 years old

Her Story: Marie was found stray with another Staffie bitch. They appeared to be together so were kennelled together. They clearly loved each other.

Salient points: A classic Staffordshire, with a lively, sweet and emotional temperament of about 4 years old. In good health; has been spayed in the past.

Advert: Marie is a happy, happy dog ... the perfect anti-depressant if you like dogs that is! Fun energy bless her, wearing her heart on her sleeve. She needs an active home and could be homed with her friend who she was found stray with or in with another dog. She definitely needs a secure garden and active family as she has a lot of interest in L_I_F_E. What a happy, happy soul.

Found with her companion and delighted to be in Evette's company. Alas, very unlikely to find a home for them together so are looking to home them in with another dog so they continue dog companionship. Marie is a little perturbed when alone, but loves people equally perhaps even more so easily comforted. Previously spayed, and now fully vax'd and chipped. Small to medium red Staffie. Delight in Marie and be sure she'll delight in you and all you have to offer. Her head is heart shaped in fact she is all heart!

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-10-2009, 09:10 PM
A few more pictures of Marie ...

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 09:54 PM
she's absolutely gorgeous! i hope she finds that special home really soon! xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Just a gorgeous girl. Surely she'll be rehomed quickly?

x0x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Marie was happy to be out and about, but underneath she was 'worried'. Hard to say how a dog makes sense of months on in .. waiting in kennels.

She has intrinsically a sunshine personality..a truly wonderful staffie who will make a fabulous family dog with face washes gifted with generousity!

Still waiting for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-01-2010, 07:50 PM
We had some new volunteer walkers down at the kennels today. Here is their update on Marie and a few pics:

“Marie was a lovely dog to walk and it is so sad to hear she was stolen. Hopefully she will find a home soon. She was great fun to walk and as I have mentioned reminds both of us so much of our own staffy. Seeing her walking on in front with my other half today you had to take a double take that it was not our Sookie.

Here are some photos of her from today”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Marie came for a coffee with me yesterday in the pub garden. On the way back she was beginning to relax more. At the pub she even considered a brief lie down":

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Marie is back in kennels after her foster stay. Karl walked her yesterday and she was her usual bouncy self. She always seems to smile ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-03-2010, 07:13 PM
An update from one of our new volunteer kennel walkers:

"And this weekend, I took Marie out again, for a good long time. When I arrived at the kennels, a lot of dogs were out, and it was pouring down. She was happy to see me, and even though getting the harness on (which was new and needed adjusting) took 2-3 min, getting her out through the paddock without too much excitement was a piece of cake with all the empty kennels next to her.

We walked through the mud and the puddles and into the village. Right at the end of the footpath, where it's all narrow, another dog walker came at us from the other direction. My glasses were fogged up and I could hardly see, but we stopped a good 10 m from them. The woman (I don't know if she was from the village or maybe another volunteer, though I didn't recognise the dog) ((xxlynne with Jodie and Beanie))was nice enough to turn back (just about 3m) onto the street, so we could walk by calmly. Marie didn't bark or lunge even once. She stared a bit, but walked on fine without turning back. Well done!

At the pub we tried to dry off a bit, had lunch & coffee, met some of the staff who came out for a conversation, and practiced chilling out, and sitting for treats. The crows in the field were VERY interesting. The pictures aren't good...

Then a nice walk back home, with a bit of a detour, some cuddles in the kennel, and in the end she even did a sit for me through the kennel door".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
As every voluntary dog befriender knows you arrive at the kennels, you choose the dogs who need walking most or the ones who pull on the heart most...you're running out of steam and you push yourself for one more...Marie was Lynne’s 'just one more'. Sitting in her bed looking very down..offered the paddock and she bounced into love and life.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >