Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

“Oh I love my walks with Jessie! She does her Staffy butt wiggle and walks with great purpose, but is always glancing to check you are still at the other end of the lead. There was a rain shower whilst we were out and Jessie does this shimmy/shake that starts at her shoulders and ripples down her body and finishes with both back feet lifting of the ground. LOL!

The sun was out again by the time we reached the bench and we sat for cuddle n treat time (cuddling Jessie IS my treat!)

Come on ... I know it's in there!!

Jessie gently taking her cheesy treat

Jessie needs a savvy owner who can keep her focused. She responds well to direct commands, e.g. if she shows interest in grabbing sticks etc a firm 'NO Jessie' redirects her attention to the focus of walking as a 'team' with you.

She is a super little dog and would be a joy to see her develop her skills in a home setting. She loves her walks, but she also loves her cuddles. She is simply a gem”.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Sweetie for sure!! ....... and she will give the 'best of her love' to the people who give her a forever home!!

Take a peek ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEEb4zSVb38
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Updates from Gemma:

“LOOK WHAT A STAR JESSIE WAS AT THE VET'S ON FRIDAY!!

Jessie waiting to go in ... you make yourself at home Jessie!

Jessie crawling commando style along the bench seating!!

Jessie being such a good girl with the vet ...

Jessie is moving to another kennels in Gatwick on Sunday and I cannot tell you how much I will miss her, to me she is the epitomy of all I love about Staffies!!!

Saturday:

Well Jessie was an angel today, she walked perfectly, didn't pull at all and listened to every single thing I asked, Jessie has come so far since the first time I met her and she is such a loving girl who I just know would make a brilliant, loyal companion. I'm going to be very sad not to see her at the Farnham kennels anymore, I hope she carries on doing well at the Gatwick kennels”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Jessie had to change kennels today ready for the summer boarding business. Lynne picked her up and transferred her over. Here is her update:

"Jessie had a lovely walk with Karen this am then off she went into my crate on a long journey. She could see Archie [another rescue dog] and they actually never worried each other on the journey. We dropped Archie off and then around the M25 to South Mimms and dropped Spice [another rescue dog] off. Then she came in the front with me and enjoyed a filled bone. We had a fuss and she enjoyed the journey far more. Around the North circular into Richmond then she waited whilst I sorted my dogs and bought a lovely milky drink for her and fresh chicken. We stopped on Epsom downs for a walk..the Grand stadium is in the background..of 'the Derby'.

Jessie energy was lovely and calm. Affection but not over licky. Delighted in her companionship. Oh so wished I wasn't taking her to kennels".

Jessie is available for foster until she finds her forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-07-2010, 09:16 PM

"Jessie felt the heat today but still sulked when we didn't get as far as the pub!

such a pleasure to walk since her return...".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-07-2010, 09:08 AM
An update from Antoine, one of our volunteers:

"Lucky Jessie managed to grab 2 walks today ... and a photo shoot with accessories. Well at the beginning of it at least LOL"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Jessie was on fine form today showing a new walker around and had no interest in sticks at all. She had hold of a lead when leaving the kennel area and paid no attention to the carpet. Then outside all forgotten. Cuddles were a different matter though! Not much opportunity for photos, but they managed one or two while Jessie was waiting patiently for her turn in the stream:

Jessie is still waiting for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-08-2010, 05:54 PM

"Took Jessie out and she was very lively from not being out for a while. She was on a mission to find a stick and boy did she find one. Unfortunately her stick was so large that we couldn't manouver her through the turnstiles to get to the pub, which she was disappointed about, but wouldn't drop her beloved stick! We decided to walk her again today as she clearly has bundles of energy and needs to disperse of it. We took a rope toy with us to distract her from stick hunting, which worked well. She loved going in the river and had some brilliant play time trying to retreave a tennis ball that we had found. She's a beautiful dog that has a lot of energy - but don't be put off as she would be a lovely loyal little girl providing lots of fun when out walking/scavenging for sticks!

Jessie is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along. Are you able to help her?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-09-2010, 08:12 PM
An update on Jessie from one of our volunteers:

I took Jessie out last Wednesday (haven't had time to post this week!) Had a 5 minute wrestle over who was in charge of the harness then managed to get it on her and go! As with most of the dogs, when she gets out of the kennel she calms down and doesn't pull much. She wasn't too interested in the sticks most of the way until it became too much temptation and grabbed one. I decided to let her hang on to it as we were on our way back and she seemed happy. Such a funny little waddler. She did some lovely posing (and rolling) for photos on the way back:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Jessie is in a foster home! She needed that break from kennel life so much. Here is an update from her foster home with some wonderful photographs ...

"Well here we are! Jessie''s first week with us and she has been a good girl.

Her energy levels are still very high and she does display some anxiety at certain things (notice board in the park and our composting bin)!

We have walked lots, but we have also spent a lot of time sitting on benches in the village just watching the world go by. Jessie is not fazed by traffic, she greets people toooooo enthusiastically, but we will work on that gradually. Jessie meets at least one dog a day, she has been good with close controlled greetings, but gets hyper alert if she sees a dog in the distance. She loves balls very much, but as yet will not ''leave''. She has shown none of her historical obsession with sticks.

This week she has learned to ''wait'' when her food bowl is placed on the floor - I am soooooo proud of her cos she does love her grub!

Jessie is still very much in her settling in period. I have yet to see her properly asleep as she appears to rest with an ear cocked and is alert as soon as anyone moves. I will love the day when I can get a photo of her stretched out asleep ..... then we will know we have a far more relaxed Jessie!!

Jessie sitting nicely for a treat from a visitor ....

Jessie with one of her million toys!

Don''t you just love the ''Staffy Stretch"!

Jessie can always find the sunniest spot!!

Such a lovely girl"!

Another update ... 10 days later...

"I think Jessie has discovered another passion in her life ...

Jessie the fire worshipper!!

and when you have burned your nose to a crisp ...... you can roll over and do your belly!!

but for the more romantic among you ...there is really only one way to enjoy a fire ....and that is snuggled up with a friend!!

So as you can see, Jessie has discovered that sticks are to burn and not drag around on your walk!

Jessie has become a very calm dog in the house (apart from the compulsory 'Staffy mad half hour!). her confidence has grown and she no longer startles at every noise.

She is turning into an easy dog, enjoys her walks, but does not need to go miles to satisfy her, stands beautifully to have her harness on and is really re-learning her house manners very quickly. If I am at the computer she wants to be on my knee, if someone is on the sofas, so is she is their companion.

Have you got a Jessie shaped gap on your sofa??? If so, fill in the rehoming form and Jessie will read it carefully".
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >