Female 

14-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Jessie pics - courtesy of Gemma, one our our lovely volunteers:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-03-2010, 08:15 PM
An update from one of our kennel walkers:

"I shared my cheese sandwich with Jessie today before we went out for our walk.

Jessie looking at my sandwich:

And after eating the crusts:

Jessie was an absolute dream to walk today. I walked her on a longer lead again and let her do what she wanted to do, which was potter along sniffing lots of tree trunks and branches. We stopped for a break and a cuddle. It seems every time we go out, Jessie is more affectionate - I got lots more licks from her today than last time we went out.

Jessie's been in kennels for too long - it would be great if someone would give her a chance".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:11 PM
An update from one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

“Jessie was full of Va Va voom in her kennel and we set off at an enthusiastic pace - with Jessie leading from the front and her companions trotting up behind. Having said that, she doesn’t pull and is very responsive to voice commands and more than happy to stop for treats and cuddles!!
This is a Jessie eye view of her walking friends today -

There is something so endearing about Jessie...how she longs to be in a home and not have to return to her kennel! I think she would blossom in a home environment”.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:22 PM
From one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"Jessie had a great time out today - away from the kennels yippee! She and 4 of her kennel mates went to Waggoners Wells which is a beautiful place to walk. She was perfectly behaved in the car, on the walk and sharing a sneaky chocolate brownie afterwards .... !

Jessie is a delight to walk, she doesn’t take long to settle, walks at a good pace and radiates enthusiasm and a general sense of joy at being out. She went back to kennels with a smile bless her - something to do with the butcher's bone waiting for her I think"!

welshgit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Gus our Shar Pei really likes Jess , can't say I blame him though.......................Al
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
An update from one of our volunteers on Jessie ...

“Had a lovely long walk with Jess today. I feel there's so much more to Jessie than we see at the kennels. I just wish someone would give her a chance to prove herself.

We had a bit of a rest half way round and Jess sat on my knee for a while. She was making a lot of little snorty noises, so I tried to copy her and then blew raspberries on her face and she loved it! I could squeeze her all day!

She made a huge fuss of my mum when we got back to the kennel kitchen and here she is:”

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
An update from one of our volunteers on Jessie:

"I took Jessie in my car today and I have to say you would think she owned it! She sat up all the way to a new common. I thought it would be nice to have some new smells (for Jess not me!!). She was really interested and alert throughout her 90min walk and never once tried to grab at any sticks.

My OH walked Cassie (she had a ride in his car) and Jessie was perfectly ok with her being there as long as she didn't get in front!

I wish I could have gotten some photos today as Jessie looked stunning against the backdrop of flowering gorse.

On the ride home she wanted to get her head on my lap but had to make do with watching me from the front seat! Such a super little girl"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:31 PM
An update from Claire, one of our volunteers:

Jessie and I had an eventful day on Saturday. I arrived to take Jessie out and as soon as I had her on the lead my phone went ....... I was on call this weekend. Well .... what could I do?? There was no way I was going to let Jessie down so she popped into work with me!! We sorted the problem and had a cup of coffee with the staff team (who adored her!) and then went for a walk .....

Jessie admiring the view....

After Jessie had had a good leg stretch we went to Petersfield, Jessie was great walking around the town. She particularly liked the nice man at the refreshment van who gave her some bacon! Jessie called in at the pet shop to choose a treat for being such a wonderful girl.

There must be someone whose heart has a Jessie shaped gap in it”?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Jessie after her walk yesterday!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:29 PM
An update from Claire:

"Took Jessie for a short walk today and then it was off to the vet for vax.

Jessie was fabulous in the vets, there was a big (and I mean BIG) Dalmation in the waiting room and it growled at Jessie who was minding her own business and sitting nicely for treats. She sort of shot it a 'who do you think you are' kind of glance and then remained focused on me.

She was weighed (17kg) which is pretty perfect for the dainty girl. She was a real superstar in the vets table, stood nicely whilst she had her temp take (oh the indignity of it!!), listened to her heart, looked down her ears etc etc and never batted an eyelid when she had her vax.

As Jessie had been so good we called to get her a new toy"!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >