View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
It was lovely to meet Arnold on Saturday for the first time. He is a quiet calm kindly soul who rubbed along so nicely with Jenna on his walk. His coat is in very good condition and silky smooth. He is gorgeous, but so difficult to capture just how lovely he is, but I tried ...

Taking treat so very gently ...

Then that afternoon Arnold went into foster for an Easter break. Here is an update from his fosterer:

“Well Rhianna has got a great big crush on a certain Am Bull. She just went and snuggled him, grumpy old Rhianna doesnt even do that to us.

I think that he feels the same though. He wont actually go for a walk without her. Seb tried to take him for a pee walk this morning and he refuses to walk unless Rhianna comes too.
Arnold has been a bit of a worry. He is a very scared little boy. He refused to wee or poo for 24 hours, which was really worrying me! How can anyone go that long without a wee. He was eating and drinking ok, he is nervous about it but will eat, but he just wouldnt go to the loo.

Seb and I drove out to a quiet canal in Surrey this afternoon to take them for a walk. We had a client dog Maddie with us today, and picked up Mum's dog Digby as well as Mum was working and Digby does love a good muddy walk. We walked along the canal and still Arnold wouldnt relax enough to pee. We had by this point put him on the extender to see if a bit more freedom would work, still nothing. So I took the plunge and let him off lead - had completely run out of any other ideas. He immediately peed for what seemed like forever, the poor little thing must have been busting!! It was a lovely walk and perfect for him. He really took confidence from the other dogs and his movements relaxed and his tail went to a normal position. He was really engaged with me, less so Seb who moves a little too strongly for him – he’s practicing though. He came back when asked and just behaved really, really well. We walked for three hours as it was so lovely to see him relaxed with the other dogs and having a nice time. I also wanted to get all the pee out of him!!!!
He is very relaxed in Seb's van. He sits in he middle behind the front seats so has plenty of room and we put down blankets for him. We also picked up a massive meaty bone from Pets @ Home for him to eat in the van, which he seemed to think was yummy.
This is a really special little boy who needs someone to give him back his self confidence. He is doing so well and is so very handsome - he just needs a lot of love and some doggy friends to show him how its done.

Look Arnold! Digby is peeing, please try it!

Don't tell Rhianna, but Arnold kissed another lady - Maddie!!

Arnold is looking for his forever home!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Gorgeous dog - we already have 3 but surely there is someone out there who would take this boy in a heart beat.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-04-2010, 09:13 PM
An update from Arnold’s fosterer:

“How this boy has been over looked I have no idea!

As most of you know my husband Seb is a dog walker and Arnold, Rhianna and I have just come back from a day of dog walking. Arnold is currently lying on my feet snoring the loudest snore I have ever heard in my life. He is zonked as he has been out all day. I thought I was going to have to give him a piggy back on the last stretch, he was walking on the extender about two metres behind me.

We walked over the course of today, 1 boxer, 3 Staffie crosses (not including Rhianna) and 2 Dachshunds. Arnold got on with them all. The boxer all the dogs snap at as he is annoying, too energetic and he still has his bits and pieces. Not Arnold, he just plodded past him pretending he couldnt see him. Arnold was great in the van all day long as well. He is so patient and just snoozes when he isnt walking.

Arnold's nerves have also melted away. He and Rhianna are very respectful of each other and we have even started feeding them together as they are so good together. The two of them had a bit of steak in their supper as they had been so good today. He has stopped looking around him when he eats and just puts his head down and guzzles everything up. If they look at each others food then if I say uh oh, both of them stop and pretend that it hadn’t even occurred to them to pinch each others food. But to be honest neither of them are that greedy.

I would like to be able to get a bit of condition on Arnold, he is a bit underweight and he also has little sore patches on his skin which are nothing a good home wouldn’t fix. I have already bathed him which he was very patient about, he really did smell like a foot. I am going to give him a brush tonight as he is moulting quite badly.

He is such an easy boy, he hasn’t shown us anything that I could put up here as a downside to him. He is calm, low energy, ignores my ferrets, is good with my dog, affectionate particularly with me, and just so handsome. I thought that it was weird that Rhianna was in kennels for so long - but trust me this one is much easier than Rhianna ever was! LOL”!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Bless you Arnold, you sound wonderful and it's good to read you are becoming more confident. I'm sure it won't be long before you get your perfect forever home, though I;m sure your carers at them moment will miss you sooooo much when you leave! Good luck Son!xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Arnold's fosterer chilling with a glass of wine in the evening

Arnold's foster place will sadly come to an end at the beginning of May as his fosterers circumstances change. They have already extended his return because he is such an easy dog to have around and they don't want him to go back to kennels. Sadly he will have to if another foster home or his forever home is not found.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:25 PM
More photos of Arnold ... he in foster with Rhianna and they are close!

Arnold is still looking for a foster home for the beginning of May and his forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-04-2010, 09:31 PM
An update from Arnold's fosterer:

"Arnie has had a really lovely weekend!

We spent the weekend in Kent with Seb's family. They have a working cocker spaniel called Oscar who Arnold seemed to think was quite cool. As the weather was so beautiful we sat in the garden most of yesterday and today. They have big fields and Rhianna ran round and round and round and round hunting every mouse and squirrel and ball and anything really. Arnold boinged about a bit with Oscar and then came and sat by me as there seemed to be a lot of people being generous with food and also because sometimes its a bit worrying finding yourself all alone.

We went on this beautiful walk through the fields and Arnold chased Oscar all about through the woods and fields. When Arnold runs he is beautiful, he has such a lovely puppylike bounce in his run, and then he turns and runs towards you with his whole face flapping. His face really does flap, its very funny.

Yesterday Rhianna played with another dog for the first time ever on a walk and it was Arnold! It was just lovely. Arnold and Rhianna chased each other round and round not looking where they were going, and I flexed my knees in anticipation of a load of joyful bullbreed slamming into my legs. Luckily they managed to avoid me, but it was so lovely to watch. When Arnold relaxes and forgets all his worries and nerves he is fabulous.

Arnold so needs a home where people dont put much pressure on him and he can grow and blossom in his own time. He loved the country, and was good with the kids he just wasnt really that interested in them. He loved the garden and the empty fields with so many running about opportunities.

He is an easy dog, he just wants to be with you and one or two doggy mates. He has no food possession issues, all the dogs ate outside and were snackers. Swapping bowls and going off to do something more interesting somewhere else and coming back for another mouthful.

Arnold so wants a relaxed home. He is such a nice boy and is easy to walk on the lead. He meets dogs well and is just so lovely to watch when he takes off through the fields and all his worries melt away.
Then after he has finished boinging about he would like to get on the sofa beside you, or a dog bed at your feet and have a lovely snore.

Arnold is scrumptious. He has a dark mark below his right eye that makes him look like he has a permanent tear in his eye and adds to his overall sad face look, and then he sees a field and when his face is flapping in full flight he is happy again!

I adore Arnold, he just needs so much for someone to keep him safe from all the scary stuff out there and let him have a good run in the fields and then Arnold would be the happiest boy in the world.
Not much to ask really.

Lots and lots of pics!

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 12:22 AM
oh he looks lovely! i hope he finds his forever home soon xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-05-2010, 03:53 PM
An update from Arnold’s fosterers who just got back from a week in Devon with Arnold and Rhianna.

“Arnold really came out of himself on the coast. He likes the peace and quiet rather than life in town.
Arnie loved to walk on the beach, all his stress and worries melted away and he could just run and run.

He was absolutely convinced that if he kept on and on bouncing around her that Rhianna would definitely give in and play with him. He was convinced that all her growling and snapping and barging him out the way was just her playing hard to get. He was wrong, but 10 out of 10 for optimism. No matter how much Rhianna shouted at him Arnie took it in his good natured goofy way and carried on trying to make her give in - play, play, play.

Arnie is not great with other boy dogs in the house. He seems fine on walks, however he didn’t think much of Digby when they were in the house together. So he is a dog that really needs a lady friend (preferably one who will play with him).

Arnie is my boy. He follows me (or you when you adopt him) everywhere, if you ever wonder where Arnie is just look behind you. He is a nervous boy but good natured and would much prefer to run away from things that scare him. Things that scare him are everywhere. Riding boots, definitely kites, low flying helicopters not too bad but need to be kept an eye on, TV remotes, bags of ferret food - the list goes on. However, he looks to you for support and can be brought round with a quick 'It's ok Arnie' with most things. Apart from those shiny kids toy windmill things that you blow to make them spin - they are bolting to hide in the car terrifying.

He is (importantly) happy in the pub though. He just sits under the table and goes to sleep.
We are home now, and Seb has said that he can stay one more week. We really, really mean it this time! Our flat is tiny and although we love him our circumstances in the middle of town are not the best for him. He would like somewhere quieter and Rhianna is no fun at all (she only likes playing with humans). He would like a lady who will play running and bouncing games. He looks so good since his trip to the coast, his muscles have filled out, his ribs are better covered and his sore patches on his skin have disappeared so now he needs his forever home.

Lots and lots of photos - hopefully his fun side comes through in some of these pics. He has such a fun side and once he trusts really does engage with you. You just have to be patient with him”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Another update from Arnold’s fosterer:

“And then when we got home Arnold crammed himself into Tosca's bed (Tosca is staying the weekend with us) Tosca is a very, very small terrier. He is still there now fast asleep. He doesn't fit at all, there is also a very large bed here that he could sleep on. Rhianna from the expression on her face thinks he is not very bright”!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >