View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-07-2010, 12:05 PM
MacTarn is still waiting for that elusive foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Mactarn was on great form on Friday & helped introduce Dan, a volunteer walker, to the joys of terriers ...

Dan in turn took some great photos...

Thank you!

MacTarn is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Are you able to help?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-08-2010, 07:36 PM
One of our volunteers had a lively walk with Mac on Sunday, he was keen to be out and about ...

MacTarn is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Are you able to help?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Catch me if you can...

ok - I'll wait for you

Chris:
"Mac is always the first dog out for me as he is no trouble, harness on and we're away, head down and a good pace" ...

Lynne:
"When I first walked MacTarn he was very serious & didn't really pay any attention to me ...

Now he has a playful spring in his step & checks back often"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-09-2010, 08:29 PM
At update from Charlie, one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"Mac was spooked by something today as we started our walk

but soon recovered for a lovely walk in the sun

Full of beans again today - lots of scooting about ... "

MacTarn would really benefit from some time in foster and a break from kennels as he has been in so long. Are you able to help him?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-10-2010, 09:33 PM
At update from Charlie, one of our volunteer kennel walkers:

"No sun, but lots of fun for us ...

Mac makes me laugh & delights in laughter"!

MacTarn has been in kennels for an eternity waiting for his forever home to come along! He would really benefit from some time in foster until it does - can you help him?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-11-2010, 06:05 PM
MacTarn having fun ...

Chase me....

OK - my turn...

Keep up!

More fun in the sun ...

Such a cheeky chappy

He may be a little on the chubby side but he still loves to run & run...

Can't believe this little boy has been in kennels so long! He would love some TLC in a foster home and a break from kennel life. Can you help him? Do you have a MacTarn size space in your home and heart and want to adopt him?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-11-2010, 10:41 PM
“What’s that I see … anyone out there coming to home me? I’m being a very patient and good little boy, promise”!

MacTarn is available for foster until his forever home comes along. Are you able to offer him a respite from kennel life? Or could you adopt him?

If you are interested in re-homing MacTarn please complete our homing questionnaire.

Thank you
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:03 PM
An update from SusieB, one of our new volunteers!

“MacTarn had a lot of terrier fun on his walk with me yesterday!

His terrier instincts told him he could scare me if he kept looking around sharply as though something was coming through the woods near us.
It was getting towards dusk and I am not a brave soldier so fell for it completely. I'm sure he was chuckling away to himself with that funny toothy grin he has.

At one point he refused to walk on and gave me the look which clearly said 'you are such a novice, where's Charlie? I miss her, she wouldn't be fooled for one second'.

Come back soon Charlie!

Once we were out of the woods he stopped and enjoyed showing me that he knew where all the best rabbit runs were .... he's a funny little chap.

This was his best 'pointed stare'. "Look it's there, are you sure you can't see anything? Nothing? Are you really sure?"

MacTarn is currently in boarding kennels and needs a break - he has sadly been in there a long time now. If you think you could foster MacTarn, even if its for a few weeks, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online on via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing MacTarn please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
MacTarn was lucky enough to get a foster place when his fosterers had time off over Christmas. Sadly their holiday is over and MacTarn is back in kennels. Here is a couple of update from his time with his fosterers:

“It's been a fun Christmas day with MacTarn. He's had a hoot. We went out this morning for a long walk, but the main excitement/event of the day (apart from the turkey) was when a HUGE sow appeared in the back garden.

Quite surreal to see a 250lb pig looking in though the patio doors!

She'd wandered in from her pen down the road, and she was just there outside the patio doors. Mac so wanted to get out there. There was a bizarre moment when pig and Mac were facing each other off (with just the double glazing of the patio doors between them).

Mac was desperate to get out there and meet the pig (who was about five times his size), but had to stay indoors while I sought out the pig's owner. Luckily I found him and she was encouraged back home with a bucket of food.

[/img]

First, Mac in Christmas mode - he loves lying on this rug:

and again in "Spatchcock chicken position" - a Patterdale favourite way to lie:

In his basket, Patterdale style - i.e. half out of it. His head is on the warm underfloor heated tiles, which he loves.

He has loads of places he likes to sit - here he is on one of the sofas:

The first thing to say is I cannot believe MacT has not found his forever home yet. He is an absolute delight to have around the house; incredibly loving; well behaved; well adjusted; not destructive in any way( he doesn't steal or things around the house like some dogs will-yes Sushi I'm thinking about you!; he isn't snappy or a growler; completely house trained; receptive to voice commands; a lovely companion (laying by the side of me at the moment, legs out behind him and chin on my foot): all you'd expect from a Patterdale terrier and more. I have held off posting anything about how he is such a good boy he is until now as I didn't want to tempt fate and thought we were missing something, but he has really been as good as gold from the moment he walked through our door. He is only 3 and has his funny five minutes of galloping around the house once or twice a day just like a puppy (mind you our patterdale girl Kimmy still did that at 16).

We picked up Mactarn on the 23/12 at the services on the M25 as Lynne had very kindly agreed to drive Mactarn part of the way for us to take him off for his Christmas hols (thank you Lynne and it was very nice to meet you). He spent the first 20 minutes of the journey very alert on my knee in the car, wondering where Lynne had gone and checking out every set of headlights on the M25. He then quickly settled down on my lap, head laid in the crook of Chris's elbow for the remainder of the journey with not a peep out of him for the rest of the journey (apart from the occasional snore). He does enjoy his car journeys and is very well behaved (I think you could take him on your own in the car without any bother).

He was so excited and pleased when he came into the house, particularly impressed by there being a carpet and proceeded to push himself around upside down around the house on his back. It was a joy to see, but also heartbreaking that a dog who so obviously knows what it means to be part of a household and loves it has lived in kennels for so long. He ate his tea(no food aggression or guarding-very happy to have people around his bowls when eating) and then settled down for a night of cuddles and attention. He loves cuddling up next to you but isn't forceful (and doesn't dive all over you-he is very polite and didn't get onto our furniture until we indicated that it was okay to).

He seems to like both men and women (showers both Chris and I equally with attention) and doesn't seem more focused on one or the other of us. He follows us around, but will occasionally take himself of for a bit of 'Mac time ' on his own in his basket.

We have met a few dogs on walks, but not seen any behaviour to worry about. He seems very interested in other dogs which is to be expected, but un-phased; a little grumble on one occasion, but no lurching towards the other dog or showing of teeth. We haven't allowed any direct contact with other dogs as we don't know him well enough, but first impressions at moment is that he just seems like a terrier in his behaviour around other dogs to me.

MacTarn talks to you when he is happy. It is hilarious. He is very sensitive to the humans around him and a very intelligent dog. He is very receptive to tone of voice. After he had been with us a couple of days he decided he would bring his pigs ear to bed with him and that he would sleep on my side of the bed thank you very much. He didn't want to move, but I deepened my voice and firmly requested that he get off the bed. He turned his head the other way the first time - "I'm not listening" Patterdale style. I said it again, but slightly deeper voice still and off he jumped (with his pigs ear). I then asked him to drop his pigs ear which he did without question on second request; he let me pick it up and take it away without moving and then he was allowed to get back on the bed, but asked to sleep ON THE BOTTOM of the bed where he has dutifully remained ever since. A lot of terriers would found it hard to cope with this boundary setting from someone they barely know, but we have found him incredibly receptive to being shown where the boundaries lie and fitting in. Not that we've had to do much in the way of boundary setting at all as he is a very easy dog by any standard: show him once where the boundaries are and he respects them and is happy and settled with the situation. He also remembers what has been told.

He is so, so loving and so desperate to please. Whoever has the good fortune to give MacT his forever home will not be disappointed. They will have a loving loyal companion for life”.

MacTarn has now returned to boarding kennels and would really love another break. If you think you could foster MacTarn then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online.

If you are interested in re-homing MacTarn please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >