Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Frank, Shar Pei, 3 years old

Frank, Shar Pei, 3 years old

History: Found stray, but microchipped. Owners had passed him on. The owner's details were recognised ... 2 mastiffs were found stray in the past, again covered in mange! Thank God they didn't want him back.

Salient points: Challenged with chronic mange, but now under control, no longer contagious and is responding to treatment programme. Aloof in most relationships. Needs companionship and support in coping with isolation. Desperate past so needs aware, patient and committed family.

Advert: Frank is a designer dog ... sadly his life just hasn't lived up to that 'dream label'. Frank was found stray in a terrible state, he isn't out of the woods yet. ?Shar Pei crossed with a smaller breed, judging by his excess folded coat of a beautiful beige with eyes to match. He is quite young, and has been neglected to the extreme; both physically and emotionally. He suffers in kennelling, as though experiencing more of the same. However he is now loved, cared for and being prepared for a very special life! Now neutered, vax'd and on a treatment programme which is proving affective for chronic mange. No longer contagious, but still affecting him. Pictures were when he first came in 6 weeks ago.

Frank is sad; Frank has every reason to be. Our kennels offer him love, toys and he is receiving the very best of attention to meet his needs. He is getting used to formal walks though can sit initially as if to say 'this is taking me out of my comfort zone'. Frank now needs the owner who is willing to be there for him and provide him with the love and individual care to bring him through into his new life. Frank is currently reactive to other dogs. Needs to be an only pet and to have company and to help him trust and become close and adjusted to a domestic setting. Frank needs a special family and whow what a special dog.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
What a poor soul, I hope with all my heart he is found a forever home very soon xxxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Thats a Staffie! No Shar-Pei, I think you'll find the skin will tighten when his skin is better,
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
what a wee love - have to say he looks far more staffie to me.. sad wee boy.

how can people let dogs get into such a state.,.. I truly hope he gets a lovely home.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I hope he finds a good home and I hope the sods who did this to him are not allowed to keep any more animals, bet that doesn't happen though.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Some new photos of Frank …

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Looking at those Id say Staff x Bulldog! DEFINITELY no Shar-Pei!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:08 PM
A lot of debate on what he is, but difficult to pin point for sure. One thing he is and that's deserving of a very special home after all he has been through.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree with dawn on the breed thing,

I hope he finds a great home soon though. x
weim1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:49 PM
maybe bulldog sharpei mix lovley boy
Closed Thread