Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2008, 06:22 PM

Lost dog help!!

My hubby and I came across a staffy tonight with no owner and no name tag!! We've taken him in because we didnt want the poor thing to be roaming the streets!! What's our best option for finding him his owner or rehoming him??? We will put up lost dog posters what info should I put up about him because I dont want a random person to say that he is their dog (If that makes sense). He's a very friendly chap and is already getting on very well with Shadow!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 06:26 PM
I would call the local police station, just to see if anyone has reported him missing, then let the local council know that you have a stray dog, just in case the owner contacts them, let the local dog pound know you have him too,
those are the main ones, If my dog went missing I would call them first to see if anyone had handed the dog in.

We found a rottie a while back, there is a thread on here about it, I took him home with me and called the police and so on, he was here for a few hours, when his owner came in from work and found him missing they had a quick look round then called the police who contacted me to say the owner had been in touch., so after just a few short hours he was home safe and sound,
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Leanne if I remember rightly you are in Dundee? If so Brown Street (all nice and new) are open tomorrow, they have a no destruction policy. If you can keep him over night great if not then tayside police.

Phone wave 102 and radio Tay with as much details as you can about the dog and where you found it. Go to Doglost website and register it there (I had probs when I tried to do thisbut I phoned the number to report a lost dog and they took the details and put the info on the web)

In the posters etc miss out any distinguishing features eg strange eye colour, funny shaped markings etc but be as accurate with the rest of the details. Also ring vets in the morning they may have a description of a dog similar and have details of the owner.

If the dog is definitely staff, you caould miss out that fact to the radio and posters and give colour descriptors etc and then ask the person what breed he is. Even if you do keep a hold of him still let brown street know as they are a first point of contact for most people.

It wasn't by any chance Albert Street you found this dog was it? As my pal found and took in a staff there about 5 or 6 weeks ago but its mummy was found it had just wandered off!!!!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 07:53 PM
have you already checked for a microchip? If not give your vets a call in the morning to let them know you've found a stray, and you'd like him checked. They should be quite happy for you to take him down so that they can run a scanner over him.

Otherwise I can only echo what other people have said.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah we live just off Albert Street, phoned the police last night no one has reported him missing. Away to phone Brown St to see what they want us to do. He stayed with us last night, I slept with him on the sofa becuae Fly is season so we have to keep them apart so I haven't gotten much sleep
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I'd put him on DogLost too...
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
Yeah we live just off Albert Street, phoned the police last night no one has reported him missing. Away to phone Brown St to see what they want us to do. He stayed with us last night, I slept with him on the sofa becuae Fly is season so we have to keep them apart so I haven't gotten much sleep
The one she found was a black staff with a white collar and chest and white socks??

She says she often sees a white staff wandering on its own but it seemsto belong to a bent over lady (her words) who drinks in the Stobie Bar and shops a lot in Parkys....don't know if any of this is any help to you.

Hope the dog finds its home though. Well done you for keeping him safe and warm last night
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2008, 06:16 PM
No he was dark brindle with white on his chest, Phoned the police this morning no one reported him missing, phoned brown street kennels and they have now taken him! If they don't find his owner they will rehome him. They asked if I wanted to kept updated or if he needs rehomed if I would consider it but I couldn't have a 3rd dog so I had to decline but he was a lovely little chap. I've advertised him in all the local shops and on the notice board in the park and on gumtree so I hope he find's his owners.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Well done for all your hard work.

You can keep track of him on the council website and see if he gets rehomed or claimed.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2008, 09:31 PM
every one brought every think up ,micro chip dogs lost ect ,weldone to you .hope his owner turns up soon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >