Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2008, 08:31 PM

Confused!!!!

I've been looking at pet insurance, and not sure where to go!! I've gotten quotes from E&L, tesco's and M&S and from what I've read they are really bad!! Who should I go with??

Thanks in advance!!!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't touch E&L with a barge pole...they are notorious for taking every opportunity NOT to pay out.

Can't comment on Tesco as don't know anything about them.

I am with M&S. I know a lot of people complain about the price increase etc but I have been with them for several years, have made numerous claims totalling thousands of pounds and have never had a problem with them as they have always paid out without question. IMO, their prices are still competitive for the level of cover and service that they offer.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I am with M&S, I dont think they are bad!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:52 PM
you havent listed them but i am with morethan and have found them excellent and have made numerous claims with them as my dog has an ongoing medical issue.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2008, 09:55 PM
M & S here too! Never had to claim, but reports are good if needed.
lrnhar@btintern
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi, I am with the Kennel Club and they have been brilliant. Ziggy has had problems with his eye since he was only a couple of months and they have paid for 3 operations so far. reasonable quote for a big dog too!
Hope this helps.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I am with morethan with all my dogs, they have always been very good and were very sympathetic and supportive when I lost Jack last year!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
I too would not touch E & L with a barge pole.

I am also with More Than and they seem good value for me for what I pay , but as I said on another thread a lot depends on the breed and the post code. Fortunately I have never had to claim so far (touch wood) so can't comment on what happens when you claim.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2008, 10:15 PM
AXA is another one to look at
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
I have claimed A LOT for all my doglets with morethan. They have always been fast and friendly and paid quickly. You have to pay the vet in advance, then the insurance pays you back, but that's the same with most insurance. They wont pay for emergency stuff (extra call out fees etc) but they do pay for ongoing care and insure for life and pay out on death. The autopsy and post mortem blood works for little Jack Jack weren't covered. They were also very good when Selkie went missing briefly with money for a reward and posters/adverts (she wandered back on her own 3 days later, never did find out where she went) and also pay for kennels if you have to go into hospital... So far have been nothing but happy with them.. touch wood