Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:05 PM

Buster is getting beter

We are very happy today, Buster is loads better He went to the vets and had another synulox injection and has started to eat small amounts of food every 2hrs. And he hasnt been sick he is also bounding about.

The vets seem to have changed there tune tho because of cassey haveing parvo they said not to have him come home for 2 months and make sure he has had all his jabs which we did But now they are saying 2 years why didnt they say that in the first place. They made my husband wait outside with buster for an hour as they wanted all the other animalls to be seen before buster.

she has said not to take buster out for 4 weeks and we should all spray our shoes with bleach every time and wash casseys paws when she goes out, she didnt say any of this when cassey had it. It seems a bit of an impossible task if you ask me.

Has anyone any views on please let me know thanks
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2005, 04:09 PM
thats good to hear he is better today.

Was it definately parvo then?
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear Buster is feeling better, how inconsiderate of your vet to have your hubby and Buster wait that long, why didn't they just give him the last appointment and save alot of upset????????????
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I am surprised the vet allowed a dog into his surgery with parvo

I know a local rescue centre to me had to close their kennels down for a while and couldnt accept any pups/dogs until given the all clear- its mega infectious

I have heard of the bleach treatment and you will need to stick to it rehardless of how much of a nuisance it is
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks carole. yes the test came back and it was parvo. Thanks to dreamon too and thats what i thought they could have given him the last appointment i have got to ring them as he has another appointment tomorrow and i dont fancy waiting that long with 2 kids in to.
Carole
Supervisor

16-03-2005, 04:34 PM
poor Buster but at least you know what it was and that he is recovering from it.
Annestaff
Supervisor

16-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Glad to hear Buster is recovering and on the up
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 06:59 PM
excellent news
Meg
Supervisor

16-03-2005, 08:32 PM
cassey I am so pleased Buster is better Parvo is a nasty thing, I think the smell of is is unmistakable..sweet/sickly/fishy ug!!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

17-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi Cassey just replied on your other thread, but good to hear he`s doing better.
I`m not sure I understand, are your vets saying don`t take him home for 2years???? As I`ve said before, the safest thing is not to have a dog on property where parvo virus has been for 1 year. But if they are correct & it is parvo that Buster has had then he will be immune to it now. Although your whole home/garden will have the virus lurking around & being picked up & carried about by all in it! Bleach is pretty good to clean things but I don`t think I`d use it to wash his paws with!

Lel the usual treatment for parvo is pup/dog put on a drip with a/bs & anti nausea meds, it has to be done in vets clinic.

Christine.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >