View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 05:50 PM

MINISTRY PROTECTION SERVICES kills 40/50 security dogs...

i have just received this message on f/b i don't know any more only what someone posted on the site?????
MINISTRY PROTECTION SERVICES kills 40/50 security dogs...
I AM SO UPSET & ANGRY at the injustice of training dogs to be aggressive and then having them killed - put to sleep. Anyone manipulating dogs to be aggressive has a responsibility - moral responsibility - to these dogs for life. Apparently there is no legal respon...sibility to keep these dogs alive, to have their lives spared, as a dog owner can have their dogs put to sleep - even all 40/50 of them - in situations such as these e.g. 'security' dogs - THE LAW NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. I called the RSPCA straight away and reported it. It is legal to train dogs to be aggressive and then have them killed due to deciding to/having to close down a business - SHOCKING. I called the Capel Manor Dog Kennels next door to the security firm called MINISTRY PROTECTION SERVICES and the helpful guy said that the owner PETER is having all of these dogs killed - put to sleep - today from 2pm. I tried to call Ministry Protection Services - the people having the dogs killed - and when someone finally answered, he said that the company were in liquidation and wouldn't divulge any more information. Basically he couldn't care less.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I've also had an email....

URGENT ALERT TO ANYONE THAT HAS THE TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! I HAVE HEARD THAT A SECURITY FIRM WHICH IS BASED RIGHT NEXT TO CAPEL MANOR DOG KENNELS IS CLOSING DOWN TODAY AND ALL 50 - YES FIFTY - DOGS - ROTTIES AND ALSATIANS ARE BEING PUT DOWN TODAY. GET ON THE PHONE TO EVERY SINGLE ORGANISATION YOU CAN THINK OF, EVERYONE GET ON
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
I've also had an email....

URGENT ALERT TO ANYONE THAT HAS THE TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! I HAVE HEARD THAT A SECURITY FIRM WHICH IS BASED RIGHT NEXT TO CAPEL MANOR DOG KENNELS IS CLOSING DOWN TODAY AND ALL 50 - YES FIFTY - DOGS - ROTTIES AND ALSATIANS ARE BEING PUT DOWN TODAY. GET ON THE PHONE TO EVERY SINGLE ORGANISATION YOU CAN THINK OF, EVERYONE GET ON
thats the first one i got and now it's too late to save them, although i dont think they could be saved by the sound of it
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 08:13 PM
A well know social networking site has set up a group about it titled...MINISTRY PROTECTION SERVICES kills 40/50security dogs...very sad
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 08:22 PM
This is just terrible I actually dont know what to say.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:51 PM
this is the firm that is mentioned
http://www.mpsk9.biz/index.html

a lady on f/b said she went to the site as the vans and vets where leaving and it's all empty. 10 dogs have gone to various rescues 40 have been put to sleep, and they have an advert up on the gates 'German Shepherd Puppies for sale'
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
this is the firm that is mentioned
http://www.mpsk9.biz/index.html

a lady on f/b said she went to the site as the vans and vets where leaving and it's all empty. 10 dogs have gone to various rescues 40 have been put to sleep, and they have an advert up on the gates 'German Shepherd Puppies for sale'
They have dogs for sale on there. I would presume these are the ones that have gone to rescue.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 10:29 PM
so sad glad to hear 10 have been given a chance though, if only the other 40 had been too
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 10:39 AM
ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!!!!!!

I agrree that dogs trained to bite cannot just be placed anywhere - common sense dictates - but there are a lot of handlers/experienced dog people who could have given these dogs a chance.

NO EXCUSE i'm afraid.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2010, 01:52 PM
latest up date on the security firm

There were not 50 dogs to begin with, the exact number was smaller but I was unable to find out how many.
Some dogs went home with their handlers & were not put to sleep.
The dogs that were put to sleep were done so because the company had been hit by the recession & had to close... the dogs were in the most part previous rescues, in that the owner took on dogs that had been aggressive & were going to die, so he gave them a chance at life.
In the past the owner had homed out dogs, but 2 dogs who were put in very responsible homes both ended up biting, one very seriously & subsequently both dogs ended up put to sleep.
It is for this reason the owner felt unable to offer these dogs out, as he did not want to see someone injured & one of his dogs killed by the hands of someone who thinks the dog is a monster.

This is all round an upsetting situation, I myself have rescued ex security dogs & I have also placed aggressive dogs into a security firm I trust to give that death row dog a life.
My thoughts are I really wish the owner had approached rescues, but then I know only too well that even if he did most rescues would have said no, I do the circuits of phone calls trying to place dogs & it is becoming harder & harder due to the shear amount of unwanted dogs out there.
I cant defend this man for putting these dogs to sleep, but knowing more details now I wont condemn him either. There are rescues who are putting animals to sleep because there is no space.
If anyone wants to get involved with helping death row dogs them please contact me as we are are desperate for support. Rest in Peace ALL dogs that don’t make it through.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >