Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2009, 02:13 PM
ditto what gsdmad said

I had my Krystal scanned at 5 weeks. Was told there was one pup. Worried myself stupid as one pup really isn't good in Chihuahuas!

Thankfully, within a couple of weeks I could feel two pups, so I settled down a bit.

The Vet also examined my girl and said that there was definitely two.

Should add that my Vet did not charge for the Ultrasound as it was a new machine and he said he wasn't 100% confident about the results.

I, personally, would not bother with a scan again but each to their own
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2009, 06:27 AM
ive booked ultrasound she has it on the 12th febuary il see what the vet says either way i will have everything ready for her if there is any puppies then im organised and not goin to take the risk of her whelping and not been ready .she has also started to lose hair from round her nipples all 6 are clearly showing dont no if this is a sign i have read that maiden bitches can show signs earlier but that every bitchis different some not showing signs until the very end thanks .
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
tilly had pups in her tubes and has had to tave everything taken away i wasnt prepared for that it knocked me off my feet .
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm very sorry...breeding dogs is often a heartbreaking experience.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes, there are very few breeders that haven't had their hearts broken............
huskydad
New Member!
Male 

04-02-2009, 02:38 AM
My siberian husky had her ultrasound last Monday and we were told that she is pregnant and the vet said that she can only say that there is one pup, I m hoping there will be more, but i don't care as long as she is well and healthy during her gestation period. I am a proud grandad!
To add with the topic, she only mated once with a "tie" and we thought she may not be pregnant, because the stud husky that we use was not interested on her 2 days after they mated. She is over 4 weeks now, and hopefully little paws will will be coming end feb or early March.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Thats great news huskydad - fingers crossed all goes well.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Fantastic news. Hope you have lots of little paws coming your way.
trotter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
its nice to see someone have a happy story wishing you all the look and i mean that even tho my breeding experience was heartbraking
winchester241
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
i know a guy who has border terriers and everytime he wants to breed he needs two guys to help. one to hold the female dog and one to help the male dog onto her. is it normal? are you supposed to help them, or is there something wrong?
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >