Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
What is it those hardy types say...There is no such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing.

Thanks for all the tips guys, I like the sound of the warterproof jackets with fleece linings, now all I need is to find one made for people with short arms and big hips that's in a sale! I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled, like this...

J
Awwww wish you were closer I'd part with one of mines just for you,might drown you though,
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I did that once, and all the water ran down into my wellies , and I ended squelching my way round so after that I never tucked them in again, just rustled my way round the walks. Heehee, you don't need to be a fashion plate when exercising your dogs in the winter do you
I wear muckboot wellies, they are stretchy so no room for the water to run in!!!! (Big big calfs and normal wellies won't go over my legs )
I remember thinking that £50 was a lot to pay for glorified welly boots but they are fab. I wear them every day and they are comfy and snug
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwww wish you were closer I'd part with one of mines just for you,might drown you though,
Thanks! We'll have to stop in next time we're driving up to Forres to see my Mother-in-law.

J
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Thanks! We'll have to stop in next time we're driving up to Forres to see my Mother-in-law.

J
Thats just what you should do,I have one with your name written all over it,xxxxxxxxxxxxx
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah I think you're right Boobah about the waterproof troos as I have yet to wear a jacket or coat that doesn't get your thighs wet. Even the long waxed coats flap open and soak your legs.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
Yeah I think you're right Boobah about the waterproof troos as I have yet to wear a jacket or coat that doesn't get your thighs wet. Even the long waxed coats flap open and soak your legs.
I got mines out of TK MAX,a steal considering they are padded too, £15,best money I have spent.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
I wear muckboot wellies, they are stretchy so no room for the water to run in!!!! (Big big calfs and normal wellies won't go over my legs )
Ha! I have the very same problem, and end up searching high and low for a pair of mens a couple of sizes bigger just so I can get into them I must have a look at these muckboots, they sound just what I need Thanks Mother*ship for posting this thread, I hope it's been as helpfull to you as it has for me
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Ha! I have the very same problem, and end up searching high and low for a pair of mens a couple of sizes bigger just so I can get into them I must have a look at these muckboots, they sound just what I need Thanks Mother*ship for posting this thread, I hope it's been as helpfull to you as it has for me
Sorry but I can't stoplaughing at the thought of you in these huge wellies.How do you manage to walk properly in them?They must feel like huge flippers,
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sorry but I can't stoplaughing at the thought of you in these huge wellies.How do you manage to walk properly in them?They must feel like huge flippers,

Well it aint easy I can tell you that, but it's better than having cold wet feet, and with a couple of innersole and thick woolie socks it's not too bad, and I don't mind what I look like.......... obviously I have the big wellies on, 1/2 dozen layers on under my coat, a big padded coat, a scarf wrapped round my face, my hood up and sheepskin mitts then thermal longjohns and my jeans, that's just the summer months, you don't want to know what I wear in the winter :smt081
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post

the stockman type waxed coats should have thigh straps on the inside to stop that happening.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >