Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
How so?
There have been cases in this country where people have been banned from dog ownership.

Prosecutions policy (PDF 88.7 KB)

"In order to protect animals from future harm, our priority in many prosecution cases is for people who are convicted to be banned from keeping animals."
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
There have been cases in this country where people have been banned from dog ownership.

Prosecutions policy (PDF 88.7 KB)

"In order to protect animals from future harm, our priority in many prosecution cases is for people who are convicted to be banned from keeping animals."
I highly doubt that anyone in UK has been banned from owning animals for such reasons? I don't live there of course so don't know, but the OP also lives in the USA. Here people are banned from owning animals as well when convicted of animal cruelty (Michael Vick was for instance), however there is nothing felonious about a dog straying and it's not considered cruelty. Therefore, nothing to be convicted of. Most cities here have ordinances in regards to dogs like anything else. A dog running loose on the highway would be "dog at large" if animal control was called. Typically a small fine. You would get your dog back if you wanted, if owner surrenders the dog or doesn't pay they won't get the dog back BUT they can still get another dog. Some people actually have a habit of dogs running away and getting lost or picked up to the pound and just repetitively replacing the dog. It's really sad and it's perplexing why they even want a dog at all?
It's very hard to find owners too if dogs are not chipped or wearing tags. They can get the fine only if someone knows who the dog belongs too or the owner comes forward.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2017, 12:18 AM
I highly doubt that anyone in UK has been banned from owning animals for such reasons?
Did you read the document?
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2017, 09:41 PM
No I will look at it now
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Did you read the document?
I tried but it won't work. Is it possible for you to copy and paste? Or is it too long?
This is what I got when I clicked on it.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171214-154049.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	5829  
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2017, 10:49 PM
I tried but it won't work. Is it possible for you to copy and paste? Or is it too long?
This is what I got when I clicked on it.
Sorry it didn't work for you. I'll try a different format.

Anyway, you make mention of a dog straying not being felonious. I have no argument with that. If it did stray, and we don't know that, you'd be inclined to think it would not go too far and the owner, it it wanted to keep the dog, would just as anxious to find it as the new owner was to find the owner. Didn't happen.

I'm pleased that the wayfarer and litter have been taken care of - the best outcome from what could have been a disaster for the dog.

If dogs got abandoned and dumped and they do, we ought to try to prevent that happening.

A little background. Ours came from a rescue centre. He was picked up as a stray at about a year old. Did he escape? We have no previous history and the rescue centre did make enquiries. So our situation is not greatly different to that of the OP. Except we've had him nearly three years now.

He has turned out to be a real gem. A shy and rather timid fellow to begin with. He has matured and is confident in his own skin. Obedient, well behaved, sociable......and handsome.......

I hope the OP gets as lucky.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Not just you Ezee, I got that too.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Sorry it didn't work for you. I'll try a different format.
Didn't work for me either now.
But this from the Act:

10. Disqualification from ownership of animals
10(6) breach of duty to ensure welfare.

If a pregnant dog was allowed to escape and was found wandering on a highway you could reasonably that as a breach of duty to ensure welfare. Other clauses would also apply if the poor dog was intentionally dumped. It happens.
Luv2kayak
New Member!
Female 

23-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Looks like a pit mix to me. She's a cutie
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2017, 09:57 AM
She certainly is a pretty girl and I'm sure she's got at least some Pit in her. Congratulations on your new companion and bless you for saving her and making her part of your family.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2