Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JollyOllie
New Member!
Male 

20-02-2017, 12:18 AM

Puppy's First Bath Video!

Hi, everyone! I'm Ollie, an 8 week old Golden Retriever. I just recently took my first bath. It was a bit scary at first, but I got used to the water soon enough. In the end, it wasn't so bad...and I was nice and fluffy! Enjoy!

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Adorable x
JollyOllie
New Member!
Male 

20-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Thanks. He's definitely an adorable little guy
miching
New Member!
Female 

21-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Oh, now that is cute! I have an odd question for you - I have always wanted a golden but the golden puppies I have met recently are just so, so mouthy (compared to other pups I know). I wondering if those pups just weren't the best bred, or if it's something with Goldens. Have you noticed? We may have to wait until our kids are bigger, is what I'm thinking.
JollyOllie
New Member!
Male 

22-02-2017, 02:23 AM
He is pretty mouthy! That's what Goldens were bred for, though. Putting things in their mouth and retrieving. He's pretty gentle with his mouth though. He can be really soft and gentle and lightly nibble on you. Sometimes he really bites down if he confuses your body (your foot in a sock for example) for his newest chew toy!

Originally Posted by miching View Post
Oh, now that is cute! I have an odd question for you - I have always wanted a golden but the golden puppies I have met recently are just so, so mouthy (compared to other pups I know). I wondering if those pups just weren't the best bred, or if it's something with Goldens. Have you noticed? We may have to wait until our kids are bigger, is what I'm thinking.
miching
New Member!
Female 

22-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Yes, I thought it was do to the soft mouth/retriever instict. I just read that the more they mouth as puppies and stronger the bite inhibition, the less chance they bite as an adult, as they really grow to learn the strength of their jaw.
JollyOllie
New Member!
Male 

26-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Good info! Thanks

Originally Posted by miching View Post
Yes, I thought it was do to the soft mouth/retriever instict. I just read that the more they mouth as puppies and stronger the bite inhibition, the less chance they bite as an adult, as they really grow to learn the strength of their jaw.