Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2014, 06:45 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone weather looking glum but it might do what it has done all week start off glum then turn into a nice day.
I do think the weather people have warned yesterday was the end of our lovely Autumn though. Fingers crossed they were wrong.

I hope aching backs and worries over flu jabs are not a problem today.
Lovely tortoise Eileen I had them when when I was a little girl. Lovely creatures.

Hoping everyone is well and all the doglets.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Morning Lynn and all that are to follow:

I had a lovely Tortoise when I had my cottage in Rochford but he wander off or more likely was stolen while I was at work. Should have kept him indoors but didn't think it was fair as he had a lovely long garden to wander in.

The sky is brightening a little, picked up another 5 conkers with Amber on her walk on the green this morning.

I thought it was going to be cold out there but it wasn't far from it. Have a good day all and stay safe and warm, God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 07:05 AM

Morning Lynn and everyone. Tortoise? I love tortoises. We had one but it kept escaping and I was worried it would be run over or killed somehow. So I gave it to Paignton zoo. The following week someone broke in and stole all their Tortoise
Well it is pissistantly raining here today. They do say be careful what you wish for
See you all later, have a good day all.

Hi Moyra, we've done it again!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 07:18 AM
Moprning Nippy, Moyra and Lynn and any one else that gets on here before I finish typing this. Very black here with a glimpse of sun but me thinks it is going to rain. Been out for first walk and then will go again at 9 before I go training. Hope you all have a good day and find some dry times to go walkies. We had tortoises. My shepherd thought they were large stones but because she was very good carried them carefully except for the very small one which unfortunately she did injure. But it did survive. bfn.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Goodmorning Lynn and all to follow
Hope the day improves down your way
Weather really miserable ,lost tv and tinternet last night
Think I've now caught up on some much needed
The munsters have finally gone although I'd to nip up n feed n let them out for a pee yesterday
I'm feeling very guilty as I've told the owner I'm only prepared to do any more trips till the end of the year ,hate letting folks down but after nearly 6years ,it's time for a rest ,
Bit of a surprise this week ,oh has won a lovley jacket in a prize draw
Hope all those with aches n pains ,sore backs and any other ailments get better soon poorly dogs included
Same old same old today
Hope everyone has a great day
Take care stay safe
Sorry if I've missed anyone to you all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Morning Moyra, Nippy Jen and brenda.

Ours use to escape a lot they use to tunnel under the fence there were we found several nearby so thought maybe it was after a girlfriend/boyfriend maybe.
Hope the rain stops soon Nippy Jen you only wanted it during the night didn't you not all day.
Morning brenda have fun with the walks and training.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Norma lovely to see you.
It does make you feel bad but sounds like you need a rest.
That was a nice surprise OH winning the jacket.
Hoping the weather improves for you and don't lose tv and tinternet again today.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning all - Da Booga has passed the 36 hour mark without another seizure so everything crossed please that this episode is over and that I can finally get some proper sleep.

We had a tortoise - called him Tommy-the-galloper because he shifted so fast! He ate all the lupins in Father's prize herbaceous border - and after the horrid boy next door [some years older than us] threw a firework over the fence once year and burned one of poor Tommy's front legs, he galloped on just the three!

He always refused to hibernate and one winter had to be dug out from under the snow under one of the hedges in our back garden. Father brought him into the kitchen to thaw out and he was fine for another couple of years - then hibernated but never woke up.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Good morning all

Hope all aches and pains improve during the day.

Good news about Pereg hope it is all quiet for sometime now for you.

Nothing planned for today. Walked Teazle and have sorted out some clothes for the holiday. All ironed and ready to pack - why iron I don't know but feel as if I have made an effort
I hope everything I have for Ben fits in but we can take two cases each so should have room - hoping I only need three, plus the cabin bag. OH has done his packing - camera at the ready that is all he is concerned about if I didn't pack his case he would have nothing!

Saw some old friends yesterday and decided we need paddles with numbers on so that we can all have a turn at talking
So much to catch up and reminisce about.

Sun shinning at the moment but rain is forecast for this afternoon

Hope you all have a good day.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Morning
Geez it's all chat about Tortoises today Love wee Izzie,no chance of her going missing,she has an enclosed run in the back garden,a rabbit hutch to sleep in and now the weather is getting colder she'll stay indoors Could talk to you though,loves a cuddle too
Miss youngest this morning,mainly cause the frying pan doesn't need put on does love her sausage,egg and bacon on a Saturday morning
Oldest is off to have her eyes tested,OH is out sorting supplies.Has started this big job he was lucky to secure,needs completed in 20 weeks so some weekends he won't be home.We can go see him though,now he has his own place
No plans for today yet but no doubt it'll involve dining out at some point
Chilly out but the sun is shining,maybe do some cutting back in the garden later.Was going to buy some furniture covers but I think I'll just get 2 huge rolls of bubble wrap from Argos,will do the same job,I think
Alrighty...enjoy your Saturday everyone,see ya later xx
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »