Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sarahe88 View Post
I have put a pic of him as my profile pic...
Rufus is soooo handsome!! what a gorgeous boy!
Bentley is very headstrong. I started reinforcing every single 'Come' with a treat as he is so food driven. Started in the house, just from one room to another, then from the garden back inside, saying 'come' to put his lead on for a walk (treat in itself) and then so much praise and treats when we were out on a walk, and I didn't really need him to come back to me, in the hope that when it mattered he'd remember that 'come' is very rewarding. It has really paid off but it did take about 6-9 months to get to a really confident level with him.

I will never stop him chasing squirrels and deer though. I may as well be wearing my cloak of invisibility when there's a squirrel around
I'm seeing my hubby this weekend and will ask if he can think of anywhere Rufus would be safe
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tessabelle View Post
I'm seeing my hubby this weekend and will ask if he can think of anywhere Rufus would be safe
I've not forgotten to ask! The army messed up our plans to see each other! We're both at home in Colchester this weekend so I will ask him if he can think of anything. Just saw your post about the place near Ipswich, thanks for sharing
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I've not forgotten to ask! The army messed up our plans to see each other! We're both at home in Colchester this weekend so I will ask him if he can think of anything. Just saw your post about the place near Ipswich, thanks for sharing
Hope you don't mind me asking but Is your hubby based in Colchester?
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Hope you don't mind me asking but Is your hubby based in Colchester?
Don't mind at all and yes, he is
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Rufus is soooo handsome!! what a gorgeous boy!
Bentley is very headstrong. I started reinforcing every single 'Come' with a treat as he is so food driven. Started in the house, just from one room to another, then from the garden back inside, saying 'come' to put his lead on for a walk (treat in itself) and then so much praise and treats when we were out on a walk, and I didn't really need him to come back to me, in the hope that when it mattered he'd remember that 'come' is very rewarding. It has really paid off but it did take about 6-9 months to get to a really confident level with him.

I will never stop him chasing squirrels and deer though. I may as well be wearing my cloak of invisibility when there's a squirrel around
Its hard with Rufus caus he is a rescue and 3 yrs old so are having to undo his habbits and retrain him and the hound side of him follows his nose and goes deaf! But apparently thats normal for the breeds he is! :-S Its so much easier to prevent the problem rather than undo the problem but we are getting there slowly epecially now we are using value treats as trainers say lol like liver cake/chicken. He will do everything on the lead/ in house but as soon as he is off the lead off he goes! Let me now if your husband knows of any places Enjoy your time togetgher at the weekend
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2018, 03:36 PM
Google Freedom Fields, and enter your postcode in the box.
It should show all the enclosed fields available in your area, and their contact details.
There is usually a small charge - I pay £6 for half an hour, (2 dogs).
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2018, 06:00 PM
*please note this thread is 5 years old*
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2