View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 01:11 PM
i only have 2 small breeds but try not to take them out in the middle of the day, usually about 6pm and only for a short walk,,
Sarah L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
I walk Dibley at 6am and 10pm only, in this heat when everything has cooled down.
This is about the best time to walk a dog in this heat, having said that tho its even been quite hot at these times. I always carry a bottle of water with me just incase, my lot do tend to over exert themselves even when it is hot. Its hard with the sad faces but you have to persist, the heat is bad for them.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I know Sarah we went for Sunday lunch today and sat outside we left Brodie & Barney at home but some had there dogs with them sitting outside but bless the pubs owners they kept the dogs supplied with tubs of water. Thankyou to the waiters at the Wellinton in Riding Mill Northumberland for being great dog lovers. You are few and far between.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:20 PM
nope defo dont walk your dogs in this heat

mine go out 7 am and 8/9 pm at night time

its far to hot for dogs!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:26 PM
And Staffy's dont half let you know its hot the panting is magnified a 100% Bless, they give a good indication of how hot it is, you dont need a thermomiter when you have a SBT.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
And Staffy's dont half let you know its hot the panting is magnified a 100% Bless, they give a good indication of how hot it is, you dont need a thermomiter when you have a SBT.
too true - they sound like a steam train going full belt.

bruno actually gets so loud at normal times - people turn round and stare - its like I walk a pot bellied pig !!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Hello Brundog. I just looked at your profile and we have a common interest. I used to work for Instant Holidays until last year to become a yoga teacher. How small the world is? I do presume it is the travel industry company?
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 08:47 AM
I don't walk my dogs in this heat either - we walk at 05:15 and 21:30 when its nice and cool
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I walk my two gsd's with their very thick coats at 6.00 am. when it's cool and no blazing sun,I just wouldn't dream of taking them out any later than say 8.00 am. in this weather, nor any dog come to that. I don't take them out in the evenings as they have a great big garden where they can play and do their own thing, and quite honestly I can't be bothered myself to go out in the evening. They used to get an afternoon walk at around 4pm. but not in this weather.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Two walks a day or she's evil, but early am to the beach and the pond where she stands in the water up to her neck and smiles, and late afternoon to the park with load of shade and stream to again, stand in and smile. Always carry a dog bottle with water when we go.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4