View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2011, 06:00 AM

Holiday Help, to help one canine and two human broken hearts.

Hello all,

I am deverstated to say that we lost Zeus (Mr Mustard) suddenly a few weeks back. One min he was playing with Kira the next he was dead. Sudden heart failure, he would have been 6 on the 1st July....... no age at all.

We've kept going by throwing all our love and attention in to Kira and as I have a week totally free of commitments (also celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary) from the 13th I want to take her away somewhere by the coast.

Mustards Dad will only be able to join us in the evenings so I need some where close (ish) to Ascot/Southampton as he's working in both areas. I'm thinking Brighton way but..... any suggestions for super Dog friendly accommodation, seaside walks...........

All a bit vague I know but still in shock.

Thanks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
So sorry to hear about your poor boy, I remember him well, what an utter shock to lose your beloved boy like that, so sorry.

I have the perfect spot for you, our static caravan, full of mod cons, even a newly turfed, fully fenced garden, set in 250 acres of forest, and yet only 10 mins from Hastings Beach, 20 mins to Brighton, BUT, sadly, it's fully booked up to the end of October this year, but could do next year?

http://www.simplesite.com/dogsforesthols

It's extremely difficult to find something dog friendly now, coz they're probably all full up being so thin on the ground, especially near the coast, but I hope you find something nr Brighton. Brighton is not a very dog friendly beach, it's busy, busy, busy with families and kids, you really need to look further east or west (mine is East). Camber Sands beach is a 20 min drive from our van and it's very, very dog friendly even in the height of summer, I will pm you some links with dog friendly properties ok. Good luck
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Thank you H,

Wow your place does look great! will deff be on our list of future doggy holiday locations!!! although pre booking isn't my forte...........!

I look forward to your PM as at this rate I'm going to be spending the week in a travel lodge