View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gabriela2
New Member!
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
i mean when i seat down or i hold him sometimes he wants to lick my face, i dont know what germs they have or whats harmful for us
JuliePup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Well I don't always have the greatest complection in the world, and when I give in and let Honey and Sammy (both very licky dogs) lick my face every once and a while, I swear that my skin is all cleared up for like 3 or 4 days after that!!! A load better than proactiv....and totally free!!! It's very exfoliating lol
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I believe that dogs have an antseptic enzyme in their saliva,(can't remember the name of it tho) hence why it clears up cuts and stuff.
Jed loves licking.. Maisie isn't a licky dog tho, so when she does it's an honor
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't let my dog lick my mouth personally, not after they've been licking their bits !
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 03:30 PM
When one of my boys was a baby and sitting up by himself, he liked nothing better than to rip off his nappy and eat his poo - didn't do him any harm as he's a strapping 22 yr old now. So, I can't see that a dog licking your face can be any worse than that! And I have to say, I just luvvvv it when my dog licks my feet and ankles ..... hmmm, maybe that's a bit strange though
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
When one of my boys was a baby and sitting up by himself, he liked nothing better than to rip off his nappy and eat his poo - didn't do him any harm as he's a strapping 22 yr old now.

i bet thats one of the things he gets/got reminded about when he brought a new partner home
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Pereg is not really a "licky" dog except if I have a scratch or wound on my feet/ankles/lower legs, in which case she thinks it is her job to give it/them a good clean.

Unfortunately she objects to me using a bandaid and will, if given half a chance, carefully peel it off with her teeth.

I have had the same problem, also our two don't like my watch and when liking my hand will often try to to unclip the strap and remove it

I think dogs are naturally suspicious of anything 'artificial' if you know what I mean.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3